Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Plagued.


I am beginning to think that the newest version of the world’s plague is manifesting in our household.  Yesterday I was thinking back to October when I caught TWO colds back to back and realized that since then, every time that I have started to get better, the boys and I catch ANOTHER damn virus.

Last Friday when I had a “migraine”, it wasn’t a migraine, but a head cold that I caught from Finley, the little girl that I watched.  (I am no longer watching the three kids because their mom quit her job to stay home with them.)  The day before the “migraine” I started getting a sore throat, and the next day I woke up with my head feeling more like a bowling ball.  From that day on, it turned into something that feels like a plain old cold.   Dylan and Carson caught it too and green crap is draining from their noses.   I’m walking around with a box of Kleenex and wiping their noses every two minutes.  Carson still can’t walk because his leg is healing, so you can imagine why I have pretty much been housebound.  Now on top of Carson's leg and inability to walk, he's sick too….it flat-out sucks.  I feel so sorry for him!  I know that things could be worse, but sometimes you just need to complain, which is what I am doing.  I haven’t been able to go to the gym like I normally do, which is what I do to deal with stress, and I am looking waifish because my muscles are disintegrating.  Ughhhhhh, I hate germs!  I am about to become a weirdo who washes our hands 4,000 times a day and doesn’t step on sidewalk cracks if we don’t quit catching colds. 

On another note, Dylan is demanding more independence lately.  He has figured out how to open the gates both at the top and bottom of the stairs, so I’m constantly stopping him from going where he pleases.  He walks fine up and down, but kids can still trip and fall the wrong way and break their necks, so we aren’t ready to allow him to walk around with that much freedom.  We Googled it and it said no earlier than 3 should you allow kids to walk up and down staircases alone.

Dylan is also pretty much potty-training himself.  He takes his clothes and Pull-up off every time he has to go potty.  He pees on the floor if I don’t catch him in time.  As soon as he starts undressing, I take him to the bathroom and he goes.  Carson still wants nothing to do with the potty, but he is still healing…..I think he has enough to worry about right now. 

Please pray that our immune systems can have a chance to strengthen.  My neighbor was telling me that when her kids were this age she was sick constantly.  It’s frustrating. 

Here’s the Word of the Day:

boscage \BOS-kij\, noun:

A mass of trees or shrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment