Friday, January 20, 2012

Tell him, Newt!

I had an idea of what I was going to write about today until I watched a bit of the news this morning.  I don’t know who I am supporting for president yet…..definitely not Obama…..but I have to say that after watching the clips from the debate, I am beginning to develop some opinions about the GOP nominees. 

I believe that it’s important to focus on what the candidates stand for and not to get completely distracted by the sensationalistic stories that the media tries to distract us with.  Of course, to a certain degree, a candidate’s personal life matters.  If you are crooked in one arena, you will probably be in the next.  For example, John Edwards…..bastard.  He was a bastard in his personal life and would have been a bastard in the Oval Office.  I hate that guy.  He may be the biggest bastard on the face of the planet.  If I ever saw him on the street, I would spit in his face and tell him that he deserved to be cleaning out the sewers.  Actually, that may be too good of a job for him.  He makes my skin crawl.  When it comes to severe bastards, like Edwards, that stuff matters to me, but generally, I try to blown off a lot of the personal stuff for the sheer fact that if I allowed it to matter completely, we’d be without a president. Every single candidate is crooked in some way.  The cleanest president that I ever witnessed was George W. Bush.  (Go ahead, roll your eyes.)  The media tried to expose him and all they came up with is that he did cocaine once and the stupid thing about “not serving in the military”.  There were no juicy affairs, bastard children, etc.   Say what you will about him, but this is true.  Because I try to take the personal stuff with a grain of salt, I have to pat Newt Gingrich on the back for his answers last night.  I'm not saying that he's my guy, but I respect how he handled himself.

When moderator, John King, opened the debate with questions about his ex-wife’s allegations that he asked for an open marriage, Gingrich lit into him.  Gingrich said that it was despicable to open a debate with these types of questions.  He added that the "destructive, vicious, negative nature of much of the news media makes it harder to govern this country, harder to attract decent people to run for public office.”  He said that he was appalled that King would begin a presidential debate on a topic like that. 
Whether or not he asked his ex-wife for an open marriage, I was impressed with his answer.  Good for him.  Maybe people would know who to vote for if they weren’t constantly distracted by National Inquirer crap. Give me the issues, where they stand, then the personal stuff, if you must.  Doesn’t anyone remember the 90’s?  While we were obsessed with whether or not Clinton had sexual relations with Monica Lewinski, Osama bin Laden grew stronger.  Geeez.  We learn about as fast as slugs do.  Good for Newt.  I don’t care if he asked his wife for one or not.  It was immoral if he did, but it isn’t surprising.  Maybe she was a pain in the ass and he was having a moment of weakness.  Honestly, I just want our country to improve economically.  I only care about us now.  How can we help other poor countries if we are suffering like this?  Get on with it, fix it, I don’t care.  Just give me the stinking issues. I care about me and my family.  I care that my grandparents get their social security checks.  Create jobs, fix the education system, make sure that the banks do what they are supposed to do. 

Having said all of this, I do get “feelings” about the candidates during the debates, not factual or scientific, just instincts.  So far, this is what I am sensing....issues aside.
Newt Gingrich
Confident, smooth, maybe trust-worthy, maybe not.  Knows his stuff, experienced.  Still need to look at his political history and decisions. 

Mitt Romney

Hiding something and seems shady, but I am not sure why I feel this way.  Maybe because he said that he had to look at his records before deciding how many years of his records to release?  Huh?  Strange answer.  Either he’s hiding something or just not smooth at all and doesn’t deal with nerves as well as other candidates.  (That's not necessarily a bad thing at this point.  I don't want a liar, maybe he is just bad at lying?)  Time will tell.


Rick Santorum

Who is this?  Get off the podium.  You are going to drown and I don’t want Obama to win again.  He seemed like a little kid up there. 


Here’s the Word of the Day.  Hey!  Dictionary.com must have known I was going to write about John Edwards today!  Bastard.  Deucedly.

deucedly

\ DOO-sid-lee \  , adverb;


1.
Devilishly; damnably.

No comments:

Post a Comment