Sunday, January 22, 2012

1 Corinthians, 4-7

Last night I was watching "A Walk to Remember" with Lindsey.  Mandy Moore's character is in a hospital bed and she and her boyfriend read a Bible verse.  It's used in a lot of movies and it's very popular at weddings.  I told Lindsey that it is one of the most important verses because if you could simply remember what love is, any time that you were doing the opposite, you would know that you weren't doing what Jesus would do.  Jesus always loved, always.  I am taping the verses to my bathroom mirror and the kids' bathroom mirror.  Maybe seeing it every day will help us to be less human and more like Jesus. 

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres. 


Here is the Word of the Day:

natheless \NEYTH-lis\, adverb:
Nevertheless.

By the way, I finished "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" and it gave me anxiety; it was so upsetting.  I never want to think about McMurphy again.  I am reading "Jane Eyre" because I love it and I need to read something that I love after that.  WHY on earth did they ever think that lobotomies made sense?????  It angers me and makes me happy that I was born in 1980.  They probably would have lobotomized me because I talk too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment