Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ok, So, I am a Pinner

OMG.  I am addicted to Pinterest.  It is awesome.  So far, I have used things around the house to complete projects.  I haven't had to buy anything; I have just used the resources I already have to improve others. 

I made a lamp shade, or decorated it, I should say. 



I put my make-up brushes in coffee beans.  Not only is the smell nice, but it keeps the brushes clean and organized. 



I made a tent for the boys out of a hula hoop and old material that I wasn't using.  It's now the boys' reading fort.  I also made pictures out of crayons; together they say "READ".  I glued blocks together to say "I LOVE BOOKS".  (It's on the shelf.)  This is also a nice place for their animals.  Their stuffed friends were piled in the corner, so now at least they have a place to live. 



Dylan posing with his "Cars" book.


This picture isn't very good, but in real life, you can't see lines and stuff.


I should make this for my room, really.  Huge nerd.


I made a charging station from a cool box that I didn't know what to do with.  My chargers are never together, and all of my stuff is always dead.  Now I don't have an excuse.  I put holes in the front and out the back.  There's a power strip inside the box. 




I have a trash can in my car now; a plastic cereal container.  You know, the ones that you buy (like Rubbermaid) and pour the cereal into?  There is a hole in the top and a Publix bag inside.  (No picture for that, not needed!)


Things that didn't turn out well:  I dipped strawberries in yogurt and froze them.  UM.....they froze solid and I had to thaw them.  Also, in my blog yesterday, one of the things mentioned was using velcro to hold stuffed animals.  It didn't work for me.  I am leaving the velcro on the wall for something else.  I'm sure it will become useful for something.

Last week I took some pictures of the boys at Chick-fil-a.  Carson said "Take a picture of me and my brudder."  I could die, so cute.


Carson and Dylan
CHEEEEEESE!

Here's the Word of the Day:

perspicacious \pur-spi-KEY-shuhs\, adjective:
1. Having keen mental perception and understanding; discerning.
2. Archaic. Having keen vision.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute stuff Britt. You've been a busy bee! Love the tent. I've been meaning to buy a hula hoop since my last blog but I'll be hula-hooping with mine. Give the brudders hugs from Nonna.

    ReplyDelete