Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January


I know that this might not be a very positive thing to say at the beginning of a new year, but January sucks.  It is the most boring month of the year.  The only things to do in January are to freeze your butt off like I am doing right now, clean out closets, or play with your Christmas stuff.  In my family, there are no birthdays in January.  There aren't any holidays except for the very first day of the month, and most people are hung over for it.  It’s just a bitterly cold, plain and boring month.  February isn’t a great month either, in my opinion; because it’s just as freaking cold.  Even the stores know that there’s nothing going on until Valentine’s Day.  I was at Target a few days ago and they already had all of the Valentine’s Day merchandise out.  (Isn’t that a little obnoxious?  It was like two days after Christmas!) 

There are NO parking places at the gym until the end of February, and although this is good for the gym, the new people will have dropped like flies by March 1st, so it’s like “Oh good.  I have to get here 20 minutes early just to find a spot for my mat so you can work out for like 2 seconds.”  I know that this is bitchy, but that’s the way that all of us year-rounders feel and I am being honest.  I know!  It’s mean.
Another thing about the winter and January that I hate—MUST I choose between feeling my toes and not having a sore throat every morning of my life?  The heat dries your throat out, but the only other option is to freeze!  Another thing about January that I hate….the damn toilet seats!  Every time you sit down, it’s like sitting on an ice cube!  I told Don that we should invent some kind of griddle toilet seat, but he said that you'd burn your butt.  I guess it's better to freeze than to scorch your backside.  I seriously hate cold weather.  I don’t like snow, I don’t like dry skin, I don’t like wind that hits your face like a whip, and I hate losing feeling in my appendages.   The only thing that I am looking forward to, if I have to freeze my phalanges off, is my new headband—it’s pretty cute and it keeps my ears warm in the BLISTERING COLD!

By the way, I realize that I live in Georgia.  It may not be as cold for me as it is for you.....all the way up there in Wisconsin, Illinois, Maryland.......but it's cold enough for me to hate it. 
I took a walk on Saturday and Sunday with the boys.  (Before it got too cold.) I have to say that pushing that jogging stroller was definitely more work than it used to be!  They each weigh close to 30 pounds and the hills on the parkway are just as steep as they were!  I love my jogging stroller.  I'll probably push them until they're five!  Ha ha. 
I took some pictures:


Here’s the Word of the Day; it fits my attitude:

solecism \SOL-uh-siz-uhm\, noun:

1. A breach of good manners or etiquette.
2. A nonstandard or ungrammatical usage, as unflammable and they was.
3. Any error, impropriety, or inconsistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment