Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Unplanned Rant

I’m working on getting pictures and video ready from Lindsey’s play last night AND the talent show, so I am not really posting anything interesting today.  I am determined to get the video off of the camera!  Don says that it takes a long time and that he has to help me.  I will say that the play was very cute and that Lindsey did a great job.  She messed up on one of her very first lines and the only reason that I knew that she did was because she looked really upset afterward.  She had a solo song that was really funny and I think she was pleased with everything except that one line.  I told her that no one else even knew that she had messed up, I only knew because I saw her face afterward.  She has rehearsal today after school for next week’s show and then we have 45 minutes to go home and get dressed and ready for dance pictures.  She usually has to have her hair curled, but luckily she just has to wear a high ponytail this year. 

I am very mad right now.  “Today” is on right now and a mother lost her kids to her husband because she has breast cancer.  I don’t have all of the details yet, but are you kidding me????  As if she’s unfit because she has cancer?  That’s very scary.  Any one of us could get sick.  Can you imagine fighting a disease and then also losing your kids?  I would think that the stress and sadness alone would kill you and that the only pleasure that you get when you’re sick like that IS your children.  Her ex-husband must have no soul.  If I met the judge who took those kids from her I would probably kick him in the balls.  Of course, I’m assuming that it was a man.  A woman certainly would see that that was a wrong and very scary ruling, right???  I’m angry about this!  Wow. I have a friend who lost her mom to cancer last year.  I can guarantee that she would not have been better off without her mother while she was fighting the disease.  So sad.  That judge should be disbarred.  Ok, that was an unplanned rant.  Have a great day! 

Here’s the Word of the Day:

irenic \eye-REN-ik; -REE-nik\, adjective:
Tending to promote peace; conciliatory.

1 comment:

  1. Katie posted the whole story on FB and I didn't see any details that would make this more understandable......Ex-husband = no soul, no heart and court = no soul, no heart. Disgusting. I just can't imagine being this poor woman plus she is stuck in NC because of her treatment plan. "Chickens come home to roost" - you can't be this unkind and not have it come back on you at some point. No help for the poor mom though. Prayers for her.

    ReplyDelete