Thursday, May 5, 2011

Greenday and Mark What-er-berg?

The kids and I were in the car yesterday afternoon running errands after they got off of the bus and I had an old Greenday song playing, “Basket Case” to be specific.  I told Lindsey that I was in middle school when the song came out.  What she said didn’t exactly make sense, but she’s nine and you’ll get the point.  She said “Wait, Greenday is still alive?”  I looked at her and told her that “21 Guns” came out last year, and started to laugh.  I said “They aren’t THAT old, Lulu!  They’re like 10 years older than me!”  Then it dawned on me….that seems old to a nine-year-old!  I had her pretty young, yet it doesn’t matter.  I’m still old!  I think of that quote in “Clueless” when Travis says “Ok, like, the way I feel about the Rolling Stones is the way my kids are going to feel about Nine Inch Nails, so I really shouldn’t torment my mom anymore, huh?”  Of course now my kids will be like “Who are those weirdos, Nine Inch Nails?”  Funny. 

I started watching “The Social Network” last night but I fell asleep.  I probably won’t even attempt to watch the rest of it before mailing it back.  I hated Mark Zuckerberg before watching part of the movie and I still do.  If the movie did anything for him it made him seem a tad bit funny, but I doubt that it’s even true—the fact that he has any kind of personality, that is.  His last name should start with an “F” instead of a “Z”.  Yea, yea, yea, he’s smart, but a brain doesn’t make up for the black heart he has rotting on the inside of his chest cavity.  I’m proud to not be on Facebook.  When he cures cancer then maybe I’ll care.  That guy sucks and I realize that I’m not saying anything new.

I hope that everyone has a great day!  I'm posting some pictures of my sister's little girl, Amelie, because she is so gorgeous.  It's ridiculous.  This child should be a Gap baby!  But first, here's the Word of the Day:

epigamic \ep-i-GAM-ik\, adjective:
Attracting the opposite sex, as the colors of certain birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment