Thursday, May 26, 2011

Graduates!

This morning I went to Logan and Lindsey’s 4th grade graduation ceremony, which was bittersweet.  They’ve been at the same school since kindergarten and it’s crazy to me that they’ve grown so much and gotten so much older, but of course I am so proud of how they’ve turned out so far.  It’s so cliché, but time really does fly by and they grow up faster than you can ever imagine.  To those of you with small children, savor every moment.  It is gone before you can blink!
We had cake and coffee and they were awarded their pins and announced on stage.  Logan got an All A Honor Roll pin, Math pin, Reading pin, WBOB pin (for the news), and I think he got one for outstanding attendance.  Lindsey got a Music pin, WBOB pin, A/B Honor Roll pin, and Talent Show pin. 
After the ceremony the babies and I went to their classrooms for slideshows, coffee, and breakfast.  I was sneaking out going back and forth between rooms.  I’ll tell you the truth; it would be a lot easier if they were in the same class!  Luckily their classrooms were back to back this year.  I talked to Henry’s parents—Henry is Lindsey’s “friend” who she swears she doesn’t like, yet she wants to marry one day.  He’s the one that she went to see in “The Secret Garden” a few weeks ago.  Anyway, his parents are very nice people and he is such a sweet kid.  She is not a boy-crazy little girl, but if she is going to like a boy I am relieved that she likes a nice one.  His mother and I were talking about the two of them and how they like each other and she said that she hopes that they DO NOT get married today because Lindsey is almost guaranteed to have twins!  I then told her that Lindsey wasn’t even allowed to date until she’s at least 25.  No, but seriously, 18 is the earliest!  I plan on having a wall of pictures in the foyer.  The pictures will be of all of the sets of twins in our family.  When Lindsey’s dates pick her up and see that she has a 99% chance of having twins or triplets, I’m sure that he’ll think first before getting too serious with her!    I am not raising twins again in 5 or 6 years, that’s for sure.  If I have to home school her, I will!  If I have to chain her up in the basement, well so be it!  And you think I’m kidding!  Ok, I’m kidding about the basement, but I am serious about home schooling her!  I should just check her into a convent for 10 years.  That would be awesome if you could do that!
Anyway, I checked Lindsey out after the little party because they weren’t doing anything important and she wants to go swimming with the babies.  Logan chose to stay at school with his buddies.  I am so proud of both of them.  They are such amazing kids and I am so blessed that God gave me such precious children.  I can’t believe that they are growing up so quickly. 
Tomorrow is their last day of school and I am going to their party around noon.  Not much going on other than the end of the year stuff.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Here’s the Word of the Day:
clinquant \KLING-kunt\, adjective:
1. Glittering with gold or silver; tinseled.

1 comment:

  1. Funny blog Brittany. I'll help you work on that wall of pictures and we'll have to duplicate it for Amelie's dating years! I did a slideshow for Ashli's graduation and I put a picture of Ashli and Ty when they were about 3 months old just screaming their heads off.....it would lower the testosterone level of any guy!

    ReplyDelete