Friday, May 20, 2011

Little Devils

I went to the kids’ new school last night for a parent meeting.  It’s an intermediate school and although the kids are only in 5th and 6th grade, it was a little scary—scary in the sense that they are clearly not babies anymore and that it will be a big change.  There are 1200 kids in the school and they switch classes; I believe they have 7 periods.  Up until this point they have been with the same kids since kindergarten and there are now children from 3 other elementary schools joining them.  I know that it will be good for them because I think they have all been pretty sheltered, but I’m a little sad that my babies are not babies anymore.  Before I know it they’ll be in high school.  Peyton will be in the 8th grade next year and I almost can’t comprehend that! 

Last night at the meeting I had a hard time hearing because this lady brought her 6 obnoxious, loud children with her.  Ok, fine, they were loud and obnoxious and maybe she doesn’t have a dad to watch them or a sitter…..I understand that and I feel for her if that was the case because I have been there.  But when your children are disturbing others SAY SOMETHING to them!  Tell them to shut up!  She just allowed them to behave badly and I finally had to turn around and say “Sweethearts?  I can’t hear.”  What I really meant was “Little rotten devils, shut up before I smack your mother for being an idiot!”  Don’t you hate that?  How can you completely ignore your kids when they are clearly disturbing others?  The lady sitting next to me kept looking back to let the lady know that she heard her little monsters—it made no difference, that’s when I said something.  These were not small children either.  I would say that the youngest was 5 or 6 and the eldest was maybe 12.  Geeez.   Ridiculous.  At least try to shut them up!


 
Have a great Friday!  Here’s the Word of the Day:


foofaraw \FOO-fuh-raw\, noun:
1. Excessive or flashy ornamentation or decoration.
2. A fuss over a matter of little importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment