Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Good Laugh

Lindsey’s last performance of “Willy Wonka” was last night and the end of the year party was this morning.  I am sort of relieved that it is the end of the year.  I am excited to hang out with the kids and not have to run around as much I usually do.  I woke up this morning and made Don’s lunch and a batch of muffins.  I drank my coffee, checked my email and braided Lindsey’s hair.  I did French-braided pigtails—she looks so cute in them.  She said that it would be easier to spray paint at school if it was pulled back.  The kids have themed days this week.  Monday was “Crazy Hair Day” and I don’t know what yesterday was because they didn’t participate.  Today they can get their hair spray-painted for 50 cents.  Each color is in support for a different kind of cancer.  Lindsey is getting blue for Ms. Wagner, who was Logan’s first grade teacher.  She has ovarian cancer.  Logan didn’t want his hair painted.  Tomorrow is red, white and blue day and I’m not sure what Friday is yet.  

I was watching “Today” this morning and saw this clip of model, Lindsay Wixon, falling on a runway in Cannes.  It was funnier on “Today” because the guys in the studio were all laughing and shouting “OH!” in the background, like guys do.  It sounded more like the SportsCenter studio.  I wonder how high and/or skinny your heels have to be to fall this many times!  I should feel sorry for the girl, but how bad can you really feel when she gets to look the way she does?  No broken bones, so we can laugh at her! 


Here’s your Word of the Day:

iota \eye-OH-tuh\, noun:
1. The ninth letter of the Greek alphabet, corresponding to the English i.
2. A very small quantity or degree; a jot; a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment