Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Because I have been so sick lately, I didn't get to go out with my neighbor on Saturday night.  We were planning on dressing up as 70's roller girls.  Instead I stayed home and made brownies and cupcakes with the kids.  Here are some pictures of our delicious creations:

Graveyard Cupcakes
Frankenstein Brownies, decorated by Lindsey

I made "mummies" for breakfast Sunday morning, which were just lit'l smokies wrapped up in crescent rolls.  I used mustard for eyes; they were peeking out of the bread.  I can't find the picture that I took, but this is an example that I found on the Internet.  They looked exactly like this:
Mummies

I made sandwiches for lunch yesterday and cut them into the shape of ghosts.  I made tater tots and sweet potato fries and called them “witch ears and fingers”.  I didn’t take pictures because honestly, they sucked.  The sandwiches really didn’t look like ghosts; they just looked a little mangled.

For dinner we had “witch’s stew” with pumpkin-shaped cheese on top.  
Chili, I mean, Witch's Stew


My niece, Amélie, lives up north and I guess they Trick-or-Treat on the Sunday before Halloween.  My sister sent me this picture yesterday.  She is so stinking cute, I could eat her.  Lindsey was Dorothy when she was little and this picture reminds me of her.  Lindsey and Amie look a lot alike, but their personalities are very different.
Amelie as Dorothy


We are going to a friend’s house tonight and then going Trick-or-Treating.  I will take pictures of the kids and post them tomorrow!
Here's the Word of the Day: 
nyctophobia \nik-tuh-FOH-bee-uh\, noun:
An abnormal fear of night or darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment