Monday, October 10, 2011

Random Question #1

As I said yesterday, I am doing a series of random questions and answers until Carson’s leg heals and I can write as usual.   If anyone wants to email me a question, or post it below, go ahead.  I will attempt to find the answer.  I will not be doing a Word of the Day because I am scheduling these ahead of time and I am making them as easy as I can because I have my hands full. 


Question #1: Are Dove chocolate and Dove soap the same company? 

AnswerNo.  Although the font is almost identical, Dove chocolate is made by Mars, Incorporated and Dove soap is made by Unilever.  I thought that it was strange that someone in the soap business would want to venture off into the chocolate business, but both Dove chocolate and Dove soap are creamy, so I guess I thought that it was possible.  Stranger things have happened!  Dove soap was introduced in 1955 and Dove chocolate was introduced to ONLY Chicago in 1956.  Mars bought the chocolate company in 1986.

There ya go!  Mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment