Thursday, October 20, 2011

Don't Fix What Isn't Broken

I am beginning to feel a little better today.  Without medicine I am still achy and feverish, but I can tell that the cold is starting to subside because my throat doesn’t hurt and my nose is less stuffy.  The fact that I actually have an opinion and feel like writing about it is evidence that I am feeling better. 

The thing that I feel like writing about today is this ridiculous and superfluous remake of “Footloose”.  I have been watching TV on the couch because I am sick and I have been so irritated with the previews for this stupid movie.  Why?  WHY?  Are filmmakers that unoriginal?  And if you think about it, it is probably people my age deciding to do it!  I totally don’t get that.

Do younger generations have the attention spans of gnats and 80’s movies aren’t flashy enough?   Are people not naked enough in the first one?  Is Kevin Bacon too clean?  Does he not say the “F” word enough?  Guess there wasn’t enough Lil Wayne and humping in 1984?  Really.  Why remake this movie? 

“Footloose” is a great movie and I will not be going to the new one.  It’s so lame.  What’s next?  Pretty in Pink?  The Breakfast Club?  The Blues Brothers?  Oh, gosh.  Can you imagine how awful that would be?  Two douchebags in black suits trying to be as good as Belushi and Aykroyd?  How about getting an imagination and stop massacring 80’s flicks?  Don’t fix what isn’t broken. 

Here’s the Word of the Day:


tawdry \TAW-dree\, adjective:
1. Gaudy, showy and cheap.
2. Low or mean; base: tawdry motives.



1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I will not see it either. Why turn such a great classic into a honky tonk hoe down anyway? Doesn't matter though since it BOMBED!!! What I really can't believe is that they're remaking Dirty Dancing. Poor Patrick, don't worry, it will NEVER compare!

    ReplyDelete