Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Milwaukee Pictures


As promised, here are a few pictures from my trip.  Actually, I didn't even take them.  I had to steal them from my mom's Facebook page.  If you are friends with my mom, you've already seen them.

The pictures are all out of order, but I have added captions to explain what we were doing in them. 

The first few pictures are from the Rare Chair Affair, which is an annual breast cancer fundraiser.  My friend, Katie, is a chairperson.  Breast cancer survivors paint chairs and they are auctioned off to raise money for the Wisconsin Breast Cancer Coalition. It was awesome this year.  It was circus-themed.  (Cool and classy circus....not cheesy circus.)  I had a Cotton Candy Martini.....OMG, they were delicious.  They put cotton candy in the glass and pour liquor over it. I only had one because I was sure that they were dangerous and sure to creep up on me. 

The rest of the pictures are almost all from one day because we were too busy to take pictures the rest of the time.  We went to my mom's school one day and the kids played, didn't take pictures.  Ash and I took them to play at McDonald's because it was raining one day, didn't take pictures.  We did a lot, but basically only have pictures from Sunday.  There are a couple that my mom took on Saturday night when Greg and I went to trivia night.  She wanted to hang out with the kids, so I went in her place.  Plus, Greg thought that I would be better at the pop culture stuff.  Too bad there were like TWO pop culture questions and the rest were extremely difficult.  There were maybe 15 teams and we came in 2nd, so not too shabby! Had we won, we would've gotten a trophy shaped like a brain.  By the way, there was an entire round about the mafia.   Anyone who knows me would've thought that I would have nailed those, but I only know mafia MOVIES inside and out!  I only knew the answer to one question that round and it was about the movie "Donnie Brasco".  I was clueless about the rest.

Anyway, here are the pictures!  Enjoy!

Me, Katie and Erin......we were all in 4th grade together. 
Dancing

My mom took this because Erin and I were talking with our hands, she thought it was funny.
My mom, Ash and me......at Rare Chair
Lulu, goofy in the garden
Dylan with Uncle Matt
Amelie and Carson playing at the "yake". (Dylan calls Lake Michigan "The Yake")
Pretty lighthouse off of Lake Drive
Carson had just fallen in quicksand, we thought it might make a nice picture before heading home.
My silly bro-in-law.  I didn't even know that he was doing that next to me.
Me and my little buddy
Sweet Dylan
Having tea
Amelie and Ash
Carson, playing in Nonna's yard
Talking to Daddy on the phone
Watchin' TV
Nonna got the boys to rest while I was at Trivia Night with Greg.  (Another fundraiser, but this time it was for a Catholic girls' school)
Carson

Carson
Took this on our walk to the Lake
Dylan and Mater
Amelie and Greg
Dylan and Uncle Matt-By the way, Dylan was attached to his hip.  He LOVES him!
I wish I had taken more pictures, but it is so hard to remember to take them.  Thank goodness my mom took some! 

Here's the Word of the Day:


mesmerize \MEZ-muh-rahyz\, verb:

1. To spellbind; fascinate.
2. To hypnotize.
3. To compel by fascination.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! I love the one of Dylan walking with Matt. He looks like he is in deep conversation with him as he is strolling along looking so manly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the pictures on your blog! I do have some of the boys at school but that's the day I forgot to put my chip in and they're on the hard drive of the camera. I don't think I know how to get them off. I'll work on it because the boys were SO cute at school. Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete