Friday, October 7, 2011

Pray for Monkey

As many of you know, Carson has to have surgery on his leg again.  The doctor thinks that he can get the rest of the birthmark removed this time, which would be wonderful because he wouldn’t have to go through this pain a third time.  His surgery is Monday morning, so please keep our little Monkey in your thoughts and prayers.  He will not be allowed to walk for three weeks, so pray for me while you’re at it.  It was difficult last April, although, I did find out just how intelligent and obedient Carson really is.  He never once attempted to walk on his leg because he understood that it was a “boo-boo” and that the doctor didn’t want him to.  It was mainly difficult for me because Dylan wanted to be held as much as Carson and it was just really hard balancing everything 24/7.  Eventually, we started rolling Carson around in a little umbrella stroller and that eased some of the tension in my back. 

Anyway, this little guy means the world to me and it breaks my heart that he has to go through this again.  If you could pray for him and the doctor, I would greatly appreciate it.  Below is a picture of Carson in his Halloween costume for this year.  I can’t remember if I wrote about this or not, but he wanted to be a monkey AGAIN, so I bought it for him.  He was a monkey two years ago, of course, he doesn't remember that.  He is obsessed with monkeys because that's his nickname.  He was like a little monkey, hanging on his mama from the second that he was born.  Carson even had his eyes wide open and was staring at me when the doctors brought him over to me; it was somewhat startling.  It was love at first sight!  He definitely loves his mommy.  Anyway, he loves “Konkey George,” his favorite book is called “Monkey Jamboree” and he makes me read it at least 5 times a day.   After this picture was taken, he refused to take the costume off.  I had to hide it because it is the only clothing he wanted to wear.  He has always liked to choose his clothes.  I was going to Publix the night that this picture was taken and I said "You can't go in the costume.  If you want to go with me, you have to change."  He said "Konkey clothes."  I got a shirt with a monkey on it.  That was good enough and he finally changed. 


I can’t remember if I wrote about what Dylan is going to be for Halloween.  I bought a one-eyed monster costume for him.  He refuses to wear it because “It’s mean.”  We’ll see if I can get him used to it before the 31st. 

Here is the Word of the Day:

Lamaism (n)
The Mahayana Buddhism of Tibet and Mongolia marked by tantric and Shamanistic ritual and dominant hierarchical monasticism.  (Great definition, right?  It came from my "Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary" that looks ragged and old.  It smells like mildew, I love it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment