Sunday, October 2, 2011

Good Weekends Make for Boring Posts

It is finally cooling off!  I woke up this morning and had to put my little slippers on.  It was awesome.  I am so sick of summer weather.  Dylan is awake, Carson is still sleeping, and my phone died in the middle of the night, which means that I missed church this morning because my alarm clock IS my phone.  I never sleep until 9:30, but this morning I did.  I guess I needed it. 

This weekend has been great.  Friday night I got coffee with a friend, and yesterday was absolutely gorgeous.  We had a game at 3:30.  The girls cheered the best that they have ever cheered this season, and the boys played hard, even though they lost.

Don is watching "X Factor" and there is a guy auditioning right now.  I feel like crying.  He looks like a Hobbit, and he has the worst voice I have ever heard.  He has never had a girlfriend before and he hopes he will get one if he goes far enough in the competition.  I am not being mean; he really DOES look like he could play a Hobbit.  I feel so sad for people that live in such dream worlds.  This guy was really serious.  He sang "Hero" by Mariah Carey.  So sad. He was clinging to the idea that maybe he could get a girl if he did well.  Isn't that awful?  I hate those auditions. 

Today I am cleaning and getting ready for the week.  How one week rolls right into the next, huh?  I am taking a friend to the gym today to teach her how to tone up her arms.  This friend also wants me to read "Twilight", a book that I have snubbed for the past few years.  I will try today, but I don't know.  I am totally not into this vampire thing at all and I have had many reasons for ignoring the books. 

Here's the Word of the Day:

mendacity \men-DAS-i-tee\, noun:

1. A tendency to lie; untruthfulness.
2. An instance of lying; falsehood.

No comments:

Post a Comment