Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No More Crazy Wednesdays!

Wednesday afternoons used to look like this:


Between 1:30 and 3:00-Babies fall asleep
3:20-Lindsey and Logan get off the bus, Lindsey gets ready for dance....also have to put her hair in a bun
4:00- Grant and Hanna get off the bus (These are the kids I watch after school)
4:00-4:45-Lindsey has dance (Babies are always asleep and I have to wake them up and throw them in the car. Have to take Lindsey EARLY so I could be back to the house in time for Grant and Hanna to get off the bus at 4:00.  45 minutes later, have to turn right back around with ALL of the kids to get Lindsey from the studio.)
5:00-5:45-Kids have to get ready for practice
6:00-8:00-Cheerleading and Football practice
8:00-10:00-eat, get kids showered and ready for bed, get kids INTO bed, pass out wherever I first sit down.

I am happy to report that Lindsey no longer has cheerleading practice on Wednesday nights; we are cutting back to just Mondays.  Don can take Logan to practice and actually watch him, which he enjoys, and Lindsey and I can have some time at home to do whatever it is that we need to do.

I really dreaded Wednesdays.  I am so happy that I don't have to wake up on Wednesday mornings and fear the day anymore.  I know that it's still a little crazy after school, but at least the running around doesn't continue until 10:00 at night.  I am a happy girl today. 

Another reason that I am happy is because I took the pacifiers away from Carson and Dylan yesterday and they actually went to sleep last night with only a little difficulty.  I have been telling the boys for a while that the pacifiers were going bye-bye.  When I said this, Dylan would get a panicked look on his face and say "no, no, no, no" and Carson would shout "NO!  MY Po!"  (They call them Po's.)  Yesterday I was driving to the gym and told them that if they gave their Po's to me, I would take them to the toy store and they could pick out a big-boy toy.  Dylan immediately handed it over and never talked about it again.  Carson entered the gym with the Po and once we were on the way to the store, he handed it over.....I guess he wanted one last hour with it.  They both picked out cars.   I think the trick was that THEY had to give them away and understand that they weren't coming back.  Dylan is a man of his word because he has yet to mention his Po.  Carson asked for a it a couple of times, but didn't throw a huge and unbearable fit.  Last night when we were putting them to bed, Carson said "Po?  Oh, Po gone."  We said "Yes, it's gone.  And it's ok because you got cars and you are officially a big boy!"  He smiled and looked proud.  He threw up his arms and said "Yay!  Me gig it!" 

They slept pretty well.  Dylan woke up a couple of times itching his nose and cried a little, but other than that, it was fine and he went back to sleep.  Since Dylan was a baby, he has sucked on his Po and rubbed his bear's ear on his nose.  I think that he'll probably kick this bear-ear habit with the paci because it always seemed to me that he only rubbed his nose with bear ear when he sucked on his pacifier.  That part makes me sad, because it was cute.  His bear's name is Bo and his paci's name was Po.  He used to walk around looking for them and say "Bo, Po! Bo, Po!"  They are growing up. 

By the way, when I picked the boys up from the gym yesterday, Carson was sleeping under the tree without his pants.  His pants fell off (they were 12-18 months, skinny little thing) and he decided to take a nap under the tree where it is dark.  He wouldn't put his pants back on, so I guess they just allowed him to nap in his Pull-up.  He is so skinny and tall.  He is 2 and a half and yet 12-18 month pants fall off! 

Here is the Word of the Day:


Billow
1.
To rise or roll in or like a great wave; surge.

2.
To swell out, puff up, etc., as by the action of wind.

3.
To make rise, surge, swell.
noun:
1.
A great wave or surge of the sea.

2.
Any surging mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment