Sunday, September 18, 2011

Power of the Older Sibling

Logan hurt his ankle in the game yesterday, but he went back in shortly after sitting out. One of the coaches later told me that he asked Logan if he was absolutely sure that he was ok.  Logan replied "My brother hasn't been here in a while and I don't want him to just see one play.  I want to go back in."  He wanted to impress Peyton.  Being the oldest sibling in my family, I don't think that I ever realized how much younger siblings look up to their older brother or sister.  It's so adorable.  Logan has always looked up to Peyton and so does Lindsey.  Lindsey is having a hard time dealing with the fact that Peyton is a teenager.  She's 10, he's 13, and the gap hasn't ever been larger than it is right now.  She still wants to play with him, but he just chills like a teenager.  I think that they'll have more to do together when she too is a teenager; it's just hard right now for them to hang out. 

The coach who told me about what Logan said was about to leave for the airport with his family.  They were flying to Italy. I told them that like 15 things on my bucket list have to do with Italy.......one of them is to steal a pebble from the Coliseum.  They said that they would get me one, since they are staying in Rome.  Oh, to leave for Italy..........

I hope that everyone is having an excellent weekend!  Here's the Word of the Day:


pleonasm \PLEE-uh-naz-uhm\, noun:

1. The use of more words than are necessary to express an idea; as, "I saw it with my own eyes."
2. An instance or example of pleonasm.
3. A superfluous word or expression.

1 comment:

  1. I have a picture of your mommy in front of the Coliseum but no pebble. You'll get there. Until you get there, take a moment out of your busy day and go:
    http://vimeo.com/27407586

    ReplyDelete