Friday, September 30, 2011

The Mutant Clooney Genes

I just stole this picture from my mom's Facebook page.  I don't know why I have never printed this picture off.  Even though I look very tired (and I was, trust me) I love this picture because the moment that I saw it, it finally hit me that I had two sets of twins.  It was taken on my 29th birthday, which means that it took five months after the boys were born to really sink in.   


Sometimes I am driving around with the kids in the car, or disciplining them, or doing something that I used to watch my parents do....like make coffee, and I stop and think "How did this happen?"  How do I need coffee to get going?  How do I have five children? How in the world is it almost the year 2012?  That means that not only are the 80's and 90's long-gone, but the first decade of the 2000's is gone too!  Will time continue to whip by like this for the rest of my life? Am I going to be 50 and sound like a 50-year-old saying "Back in my day....."?  Lindsey asked me a couple of weeks ago if the Spice Girls were still alive.  I mean, come on, man!  Really?  Oh, and last night I played "End of the Road" for Lindsey and she asked me if Boyz II Men were still alive.  My friends and I have decided that we really are old because we think that all of the new music sounds the same.  Not only does it sound the same, but it all sounds like noise, not music. 

Anyway, I will love this picture forever because in it, I have my babies nestled around me.  One day it'll be hard to get them to all stay in the same place and they won't fit on my lap anymore, but I will always have this picture.  I was so happy in this picture and I am still so happy.  I love them so much and I really do try to enjoy every day because I am completely aware of the fact that time is whipping by and I will be 60 sooner than I even imagine. 

I have this obsession with Googling celebrities to see how old they are.  Even if I am watching an old movie, I Google whoever it is to see how old they were when it was filmed.  This strange habit began when I was 29 and freaked out about turning 30.  The other night, I Googled George Clooney while I was watching "One Fine Day". I noticed that I found him more gorgeous than I used to.  In high school I thought he was good-looking and could see why older women liked him, but I wasn't particularly interested.  Well, the reason is because he was 35 in that movie.  When that movie came out, I was in high school and my dad was like 35.  It's the same thing as when I see high school boys now.  I think "How in the world did I ever like someone your age?  You're a child!"  I know that this all sounds so stupid and airheaded, but these are the things that I think about sometimes. 


Just to freak you out a bit, George Clooney is now 50.  He's still gorgeous.  He knows it too.  He only dates younger, beautiful women.  He says that he will never marry again.  He must have had a horrible experience!  Look at him below......does anyone look this good in a plaid shirt?  I mean, that's ridiculous, dude! 

Why do men get to age so well? And they don't even do all of the things that we do to take care of ourselves! I doubt that half of them even wash their faces. How is it that they don't worry about free radicals, don't bother eating foods rich in antioxidants, and don't even use eye cream....yet they look great as they age? And don't say that it's because we do that stuff, because I can point out the women who have NOT done anything and there is a difference. Is it just good genes? Are the Clooney genes just THAT GOOD?  George Clooney is immune to time and aging.  Thank God for that.  He'll still be hot when he's 70......like Robert Redford and Sean Connery. 

Here's the Word of the Day:

trav·es·ty

1.
a literary or artistic burlesque of a serious work or subject, characterized by grotesque or ludicrous incongruity of style, treatment, or subject matter.
2.
a literary or artistic composition so inferior in quality as to be merely a grotesque imitation of its model.
3.
any grotesque or debased likeness or imitation: a travesty of justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment