Friday, September 2, 2011

Best Darn Birth Control

Yesterday while Lindsey was at dance I took the rest of the kids to the playground.  Logan took this picture of me swinging.  I got sick shortly after I got off of the swing.  I'm blaming the ragweed.  My headache started coming back while I was at the park and by the time I got home it was terrible and I felt nauseated all night.  To top it off, Don had gone to the Tech football game and I was by myself.  Lindsey helped me with the boys and then get this.....Carson started vomiting and I have no idea why!  So I was about to throw up myself, and cleaning up vomit. 

I swear that my blog could be some SERIOUSLY effective birth control for a teenager!  Don't you think?  I love my life, but if I were 16, I would think "Hmmmmm, maybe I ought to wait."  You don't get a pass when you are a mom.  You're throwing up?  Who cares.  You're tired?  And?  Haha, it's so funny.  Michelle, I see you shaking your head right now.  Right?

We have a pep rally tonight.  This was completely sprung on us, and it turns out that we'll only have like 5 girls there.  The head coach will be out of town, so that leaves me and the 5 girls to hand out goody bags to the boys.  I have a lot to do today and I feel like I have been hit like a truck.  Ughhhhhh, I am going to yoga.  Yoga is my secret remedy to any ailment. 

Here's the Word of the Day:


darkle \DAHR-kuhl\, verb:

1. To grow dark, gloomy, etc.
2. To appear dark; show indistinctly.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture - the green tint sort of matches the way you felt, don't you think? I got on a swing last weekend at the park with Amie and Xander. All I could think about were all the times when I was a little girl and we would have contests on the playground of Riley Elementary to go as high as we could go - the game was then to JUMP out. I can't believe we used to do that but we did. And my poor mother had to deal with me getting stitches in my head more than once from the swing coming back and hitting me in the head. Oh yeah - back then, the seats were wooden, not slings. I hate those sling seats! But I think they were probably created to protect kids like me. And guess who took a dive out of the seat last weekend and ended up face down in the sand . . . Amie. Some things never change.

    ReplyDelete