Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Google and Nut Jobs

OMG!  If you haven’t seen Google today, when you are finished reading this blog, immediately check it out!  Hit play!  I’m assuming it’s Freddie Mercury’s birthday.  Google did something so cute!  I have always thought that it would be a good idea to write a musical based on Queen’s music.  You know, like “Movin’ Out” or “Mamma Mia”?  I mean, how much more theatrical could a band be?  Maybe I’ll write it.  It would be hilarious. 

I think I need to lay off the 9/11 documentaries.  Last night I had the craziest dreams about CIA leaks and conspiracies…..can you guess which one I watched?  I watched one called “Loose Change 9/11” and it’s really messed up.  I had no idea that people actually believed this stuff with such conviction. I have heard elements of wacky theories, but I’ve never sat down and watched anything about them.  I have to admit, some of the things that they point out are definitely puzzling, but they are just too far-fetched.  I sent my brother-in-law a text telling him to watch it for me because I needed his logical brain.  There is NO WAY that this stuff is factual.  It has to be spun or stretched or something—9/11 being planned and conducted by the US government?  Maybe I am too trusting, but I just can’t see this as feasible.  It seems a little drastic just to go to war!  I can see the government telling us that there are WMD’s when there aren't, but killing 3,000 innocent civilians?  No way. 

These people believe that the towers fell due to bombs.  They believe that WTC 7 didn’t have enough structural damage to collapse on its own and that the government detonated bombs because it housed important government documents.  They believe that the reason that there were no military planes to shoot down the bad guys is because they scheduled war games that day miles away—on purpose.  I have an idea…..how about the CIA was starting to uncover a plot using commercial airplanes as weapons and they were practicing!  If you read the 9/11 Commission Report, they did say that there were warnings, but you have to have warrants and evidence.  You can’t just go gun-slinging on a hunch!  Maybe the government was having NATO practice because they knew something was up?  The report makes it sound like they were within days of unraveling it.  I will say this.....there were a lot of people who knew what was up before we did.  But do I think that they planned it?  Helllll no. 

They also mention that President Bush walks into the classroom knowing about the first plane hitting the Trade Center.  Then they say that he is told about the second one and sits for 30 minutes knowing that there is another possible hijacked plane.  (This isn't true, he sat there for 7 minutes, I looked it up.)  Well, I think his reaction is normal and I have never understood people giving him such a hard time about this.  Who wants a president who jumps up and shouts and screams, causing anarchy?  He’s processing the information; he’s trying to not scare the kids. There is one thing that I found odd, and I sort of agreed with the documentary wackos….everyone knew for months that he would be at Booker T. Elementary.  If they knew that there was a hijacked plane out there, how could Secret Service allow him to sit there?  What if the school was a target?  I am sure that there is a logical explanation for this, but I did cock my head and hadn’t thought of it before.  Did they even know that there was a third plane?  My guess is no, and the documentary makers are assuming something untrue.  I can’t see the government weaving a plot like this and then forgetting that it may look odd for him to sit there because he knows the plane is going to the Pentagon.  And the film-makers contradict themselves.  They say He knew that the next plane was going to the Pentagon and that he was safe, so he sat there reading Billy the Goat or whatever it was called, and then they tell you that there isn’t video of a plane hitting the Pentagon…dun, dun, duuuuuuun!  These guys drop too much acid.  What is it that they think happened? They imply that a bomb went off at the Pentagon because you never actually SEE the plane; there is no video. 

They describe the scene of the crash in Pennsylvania and talk about how there was no wreckage, just a hole in the ground.  This appears to be true, but can't something hit so hard that it obliterates?  This is when I wish I were a science person.  What are they suggesting?  I don’t get it.  I am pretty sure that if you talk to the family members of the people who died on that flight….they are not alive.  So what happened to them?  I just don’t understand what these people are suggesting.  Aliens are helping the government fight the Middle East and zapped the plane into thin air?  Maybe aliens and the US government are going to share the oil that they seize after they kill all Middle Easterners?  I don’t get it.  Well what the hell happened to THAT plane, guys?  I just don’t understand how they are throwing out these claims in their documentary and don’t suggest what could have happened instead.  Ever heard of Occam’s Razor?  You should usually go with the answer with the fewest assumptions.  They aren’t QUITE as crazy as those who believe the Holocaust was a hoax, but I don’t know…..they are pretty crazy.  Come on, science people.....help me out here.  Am I being stupid?  Am I a trusting sheep headed for the slaughter house?  I just think it's very easy for people to make up all of this stuff now, but the truth is that the day it happened, none of us knew what was going on.  It was a surprise attack.

Watch it, see what you think, but I think they’re insane.  And if they are right, I am not sure that I want to know.  I am pretty sure that if this were true and I found out about it I’d pack my bags, buy a vineyard in Italy and spend the rest of my life squishing grapes with my toes. 


gammon \GAM-uhn\, verb:

1. To deceive.

2 comments: