Sunday, May 27, 2012

Yay! School's Out!

I am just as excited about the kids being out of school as they are.  It was a long year and we are all burned out.  We are excited to just chill and not have to run around so much.  We actually get along better in the summer because we are spending quality time together.  It's nice.  I was thinking back to August when I was coaching Lindsey's cheerleading squad and running her around to dance (not that this has changed) and it seems like it was forever ago.

I have two 6th graders now.  Isn't that crazy?  That's so weird!  Our parents weren't lying when they said that time flies.  OH!  And Peyton is in high school next year.  So weird.  It doesn't seem that long ago that Peyton used to say he wanted to stuff me into his suitcase and fly me back to Texas.  And Logan and Lindsey, geez.  I feel like they were just in diapers.

The craziness isn't quite over though.  The beginning of June is always insane for us.  Lindsey has dance all next week.  She has rehearsal for three hours on Wednesday and her first show that night.  The Company A show is Thursday night, which is probably the most exciting because I think she gets to perform all of her dances.  She has a show Friday night and two on Saturday.  She's really excited.  I am a little nervous about keeping all of her crap together.  She has costumes for Company A, Opening Number, Lyrical, Tap, Jazz, and Ballet.  So what is that, six?  Six costumes and their accessories to keep track of.....great! I pray that I don't lose anything. 

Have a great Sunday!  Here's the Word of the Day:

ventose \VEN-tohs\, adjective:
Given to empty talk; windy.




No comments:

Post a Comment