Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What the Kids are Doing

I sometimes need to jot down what the kids are doing.  I originally wanted to use this blog to fill in where my memory will fail me one day, so bear with me, or skip this entry altogether. 

I can't believe my babies are three.  I took them to the dentist a couple of days ago and they went back by themselves.  I couldn't believe that they just went ahead without me.  I was happy that they did; it's healthy to grow up.  I know that they should be getting more independent, but they are my babies and I won't be having any more unless TLC comes to me and offers me a million dollars for a reality show.  (Just kidding.  No amount of money would make me carry twins again.  I'm good.) They can operate the iPad at Grammy's and they play computer games on the PBS website at home.  They love their Vsmile games, and they still love cars and anything related to sports.  Carson loves playing golf, or "goff".  Dylan loves kicking balls and throwing anything, even things that aren't balls.  He often hits people with hard items such as sippy cups and goes to time-out.  He has a hard time containing himself from throwing things.  He doesn’t mean any harm, but he loves using his pitching arm. 

Carson and Dylan say the cutest things.  Dylan calls his flip-flops "hip hops" and he calls the trunk the "hunk".  The other day he said "Maybe my car is in the hunk, mama."  He also seems to pay attention to everything I do, including my driving.  If I get irritated the slightest bit while driving, he says "What'd that car do, Mama?  He not let you in?"  I kid you not.  He always says "What'd that car do, Mama?  He's a mean car?  Is that a mean guy?"  It isn't like I am yelling or honking or anything.  He just pays attention to everything on the road!  Dylan also gets out of bed and says "I had a good heep, Mama."  (He had a good sleep.)  When you aren't looking, Dylan gets the peanut butter out of the pantry, unscrews the top, gets a spoon and eats the peanut butter straight from the jar.  So if you are at my house, you probably want to pass on a PB&J.  I need to get him his own jar.  He likes honey too.  He will tell you that "bears eat honey and konkeys eat bananas." 

They are both speaking very well.  They have filled in the "blanks" that allow them to speak in full sentences.  I love the conversations that you have with toddlers; they are so cute.  If you will take the time to listen to a little one, you will find that they have a lot to say. 

I don't know if I have jotted this down before, but Carson says every morning "I missed you, Mama" when he wakes.  He always asks for kisses and hugs and says "I love you, Mama."  He has this thing with me where he says "baby hug" and "big hug" and they are obviously, different hugs.  He does the same thing with kisses.  Both of the boys have always been affectionate and they say "I want youuuuuu, Mama", but they sound extremely southern when they say it.  It cracks me up.  They still love to snuggle and they love their family.  Carson has a lot of energy, and for the most part, he is pretty patient and easy….but he has his very difficult moments.  He can be feisty, but I find that he mainly gets angry when someone can’t understand him.  I will say “What is it that you want” over and over, really trying to help him, and he gets so upset.  The second he can communicate what it is that he is trying to say, he is fine and what he is asking for is usually something totally acceptable.  Luckily, this is happening less and less now that he speaks clearer. 

The boys both like to help me, they like to please people, and they like trying things on their own.  They can sit at restaurants like normal human beings nowadays.  Actually, they probably have better manners than some adults. We have hit a temper tantrum and demanding age, but it's normal and the tantrums don't last near as long as they do when coming from a strong-willed child.  (Like Logan.  I am surprised I never jumped out of a window when he was two and three.  He never gave up.  He is still like that.) 

Logan has poison oak, yet again.  He is doing well in school, he is going for jogs every day and girls are asking him “out” at school.  A few days ago, five girls asked for his number.  He got his yearbook out and showed me which girls.  That was funny.  He is still the same goofy Logan.  He can be very sweet and he can be very stubborn. Logan never changes.  He is a reader, he is curious, and he is still a handful sometimes.  He is also very sweet and helpful.  We were just laughing on Sunday because Logan always looks the same, just bigger. 

Lindsey is very busy, as usual.  She is dancing every single day right now, and I mean EVERY day except Sunday.  She says she is getting called a "goody-goody" at school and says that there are some girls who are being mean to her and doesn't understand it.  She has a lot of friends, but she isn't participating in some of the sex talk going on at other tables with who she calls the "popular girls", which I am fine with.  I went to see her at school and found that she would rather sit alone than with the group of girls who already have developed and who are talking about boys.  She has a bit of a temper and an attitude now, which is a pain in the ass to deal with, but she is as sweet as she can be the rest of the time.  She is helpful and very independent.  This is an age that I am really worried about screwing up.  Physically, she is changing quickly.  Her legs are as long as mine, her feet are the same size as mine, her hair is down to the small of her back.....everything is just growing and changing and she is looking VERY mature.  She comes up to my chin, but her hip bone is equal with where mine is.  She is going to be very beautiful I think, and I am not prepared for her to be a teenager at all.  She has very good posture, probably from ballet, and she looks very graceful a lot of the time.  (Except she acts like a boy at home with her brothers.  This kid can burp!)

Ok, kiddos......that's what you are up to lately.  I love you and I am so glad that God gave me such beautiful, smart, sweet children. 


Here's the Word of the Day, for those of you still reading:


intromit \in-truh-MIT\, verb:
To introduce; to send, put, or let in.




No comments:

Post a Comment