Thursday, February 16, 2012

Movie Night

We watched "Breaking Dawn" with the girls last night.  We sent them out during the bad parts, which they didn’t appreciate.  After watching it again, I think the reason it bothered me so much is because Bella truly looks dead.  She takes one look at the baby, and then she dies.  Her eyes sort of gloss over and if you've ever seen someone die, that's what it looks like.  I have only watched my dog die, but I would have to assume that it’s the same thing with humans.  To make it worse, Edward starts banging on the 60 pound carcass and begging her to come back.  It's horrible! 

I started to get a sore throat during the movie and it continued to get worse throughout the night.  I am pretty sure it’s just allergies.  This weather is ridiculous!  One day it’s 68 degrees and the next it’s 18.  I see blossoms on the trees, so it would make sense if my allergies are acting up, but it seems odd.  It’s only February!

The boys are watching “Cars 2” right now.  I hate Mater.  I would never tell the boys that, but Mater drives me up a freaking wall.  I would rather hear a blender grinding silverware for hours than to hear Larry the Cable Guy talk about anything at all.  Even if he chose to talk about astronomy, I think I would rather gouge my eyes out with a straw.  His voice is so annoying and he is so gross.  The fact that he has made so much money talking about gas and his retarded sister…..it’s annoying.  Every time I hear him say “That right ‘der is funny, I don’t care who you are” I want to throw my shoe at the TV.  I guess it just takes more than a redneck with a 2nd grade education to make me laugh.  (And yes, I know it’s all an act—which is even worse.)  The boys have like 20 Mater toys and they all talk.  I put up with it, but I probably won’t rush to swap out the batteries. 

I just got an exciting email!  I just found out that I have a new first cousin!  Josie was born this morning at 7:00.  Congrats, Uncle Andy and Krystal! She's so beautiful! 


Here’s the Word of the Day:

mammonism \MAM-uh-niz-uhm\, noun:
The greedy pursuit of riches.

No comments:

Post a Comment