Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Birthday, Bill!

Today is Don's dad's birthday.  He is such an amazing person; every day, he shows me what kind of person I want to be.  Love you, Bill!  Happy Birthday! 

When I was a little girl, my mom used to give us "half-birthday" cakes.  I think it started because my brother and sister are twins and she felt guilty that they had to share a birthday.  Well, then I wanted one too, so she gave me a "half-birthday".  The first year that I was around, I told Bill that his birthday was my half-birthday and he of course, had no idea what I was talking about.  So, today is my half-birthday.  In six months I will be.....let's just not talk about that.  I still get freaked.  SLOW DOWN, time!!!!!

We are going out to celebrate his birthday and then I am heading to Birmingham to take Peyton back.  I usually don't make both trips, but I couldn't care less about the stupid Superbowl, so I am driving.  Blasphemy, right?  Should I pack a suitcase and move to another country because I just said that?  I didn't care last year either. 

Here's the Word of the Day:

doyenne \doi-EN\ , noun:
A woman who is the senior member of a group, class, or profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment