Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Love Songs

Don sent me the most delicious Valentine's Day present yesterday......beautifully decorated chocolate covered strawberries.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Yum.  Getting them made me really happy.  There was also a very sweet card attached, which is always the best part of any gift.  It's nice to feel appreciated and loved.

Tonight Lindsey and I are going over to my friend's house.  Her daughter, Hannah, is Lindsey's best friend.  We are watching "Breaking Dawn".  We're sending the girls out of the room during the horrific vampire/child birth scene.  I hope I don't throw up my chocolate covered strawberries when the baby bites Bella's nipple off. 

The best part about the movie is one of the songs.  "Turning Page" by Sleeping at Last has to be one of the most beautiful songs that I have ever heard.  How could you keep from falling in love with a man said those words to you?  The fact that a man even wrote those words is amazing.  I have always loved "Colorblind" by Counting Crows because it's hauntingly beautiful AND because I love to play it on the piano....but this song in Twilight.....ahhhhhh.  It's so beautiful and romantic; it's up there with "Colorblind".

Listen to this song, guys.  Play it for the ladies......

http://youtu.be/E20WNhsDXwE

This one too......

http://youtu.be/164jS1qnCU0


AND JUST FOR FUN, here are the lyrics to the first link.  Geez.  Yanks my heart.



I've waited a hundred years,
But I'd wait a million more for you.
Nothing prepared me for,
What the privilege of being yours would do.

If I had only felt the warmth within your touch.
If I had only felt how you smile when you blush.
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough.
Oh I would've known what I've been living for all along.
What I've been living for.

Your love is my turning page,
Where only the sweetest words remain.
Every kiss is a cursive line.
Every touch is a redefining phrase.
I surrender who I've been for who you are,
Nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart.
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
Oh I would've known what I've been living for
What I've been living for

Though we're tethered to the story we must tell,
When I saw you, well I knew we'd tell it well.
With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas,
Like a feather, bringing kingdoms to their knees.


No comments:

Post a Comment