Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Leech

The kids are out of school all week for winter break.  I thought that I was going to have to go to the doctor yesterday to have Logan surgically removed from my hip.  You could be saying “awwww, he loves his mom” but I assure you, he only followed me around like a leech because he got his Play Station taken away and he has read every book in the house.  He was bored.  I kept giving him ideas of things to do and he kept telling me why they sucked.  It started to get flat-out of creepy toward the end of the day.  Every time I turned around there was a frowning midget an inch away from me—a couple times I screamed.  Finally, I escaped by taking a shower…..then I heard a knocking at the door.  I screamed “Seriously, Logan?  I’m in the shower!  Find something to do!  Leave me alone for five minutes!”  I love the bathroom lock.

I am watching my neighbor’s son today, Trenton.  He is a really sweet kid and he will keep Logan busy.  The only problem, of course, is that Lindsey is friends with him too and Logan and Lindsey can’t be in the same room together without fighting.  Don had to go into Logan’s room this morning and yell at him for brawling with Lindsey, and then he told Lindsey that she isn’t allowed to talk to Logan at all today.  Lindsey said that all she did was go in to say hello and Logan attacked her.  Trenton probably thought “Oh, this again?  Great.”  I think that same thought every five minutes of my life.  Don told the kids that if he gets home and I have had to deal with ANY fighting at all, they are in big trouble.  I told Lindsey that she can be my buddy today.

The baby boys are playing cars, together, nicely, right now.  They love each other and have a bond that I wish Logan and Lindsey shared.  Since I put them in the same classes at school (L and L) it seems to be a lot better, but they still don’t really like each other.  I think my big mistake with Logan and Lindsey was trying to give them their own identity early on.  I never called them “the twins” and I separated them in Pre-K.  Now they don’t appreciate the fact that they are twins, in fact, they seem to loathe it.  Maybe this is my fault.  I do the exact opposite with Carson and Dylan.   I tell them how special they are because they are twins.  I would rather help a child find his or her identity than to become a referee instead of a mother.  It’s exhausting. 

I need a new book to read.  I finished "Jane Eyre" last week and haven't been reading anything.  I'm thinking about switching it up and reading a biography or some kind of history book.  I'm on a 60's kick because of "Mad Men".  Watching this show has made me realize that I don't know much about the Cold War or Vietnam.  I don't think we spent much time on this era in school.  Then again, does anyone know why we went to Vietnam?  Maybe there isn't much to talk about?  My mom told me to read a book about the Kennedy family.  Any suggestions?  By the way, I read Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States" years ago.  Remember in "Good Will Hunting" when Matt Damon says to read it and it'll knock you on your ass?  It's sorta true, in case you're interested.  I need another book like that, historical but not a text book.......

bespeak \bih-SPEEK\, verb:
1. To show; indicate.
2. To ask for in advance.
3. To reserve beforehand; engage in advance; make arrangements for.
4. Literary. To speak to; address.
5. Obsolete. To foretell; forebode.

No comments:

Post a Comment