Friday, February 24, 2012

Flashback Fridays-November Rain

One of my best friends in 7th grade was a boy.  He was pure trouble, but he always made me laugh and he was so sweet to me.  Looking back, I guess he probably liked me, but I didn't like him like that because I was still really innocent and didn't have boyfriends.  I wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend, so I guess I didn't bother to pick up on the signals he was throwing me.  (The semi-love letters were apparently not enough for me to catch on.)  My step-mom always told me that he was trouble and didn't like me being around him so much, but I didn't care what she thought. I thought he was awesome and I loved him (as a friend).

Another guy in our class had completely disrespected me (don't remember how) and my friend retaliated by requesting a song at a school dance that totally made the other guy look like he liked dudes.  I don't remember how my friend did it, but it worked and everyone laughed.

He told me once that if I died, he would play "November Rain" at my funeral.  I thought it was so sweet.  I loved that song!  I was so clueless.  Listen to the words, man.  How could I have not known?  But what do you know at 13?  I'll tell you what you know.  You know how to stick up for your friends and you know a good song when you hear it.....all nine minutes.  There's no one like Slash. 
Here's a link to the video, if you feel like reminiscing

http://youtu.be/8SbUC-UaAxE



No comments:

Post a Comment