Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Why yesterday sucked.....

No matter how old your babies get, they're always your babies. I learned that yesterday as I carried my 13-year-old daughter down a flight of stairs, to the car and into the hospital after she sliced her feet open.

I wasn't supposed to be home yesterday when she got hurt, but thank God, I started catching a cold and had a fever on Monday night, so I just happened to be home. I can't even imagine what she would've done had I not been home with her. Also because I was sick, I had dropped the boys off with their grandma about an hour and a half before she got hurt, which I later realized was a good thing.  So anyway, I was in bed yesterday afternoon when I heard a thump and then she started screaming from her bedroom. I went in and saw the glass table flipped over and she was on the ground screaming. She says she was not standing on the table, she was sitting on it....either way, I have absolutely no idea why she would do that. She says the table flipped back and her legs were dangling over when the glass shattered. Anyway, I pulled her into the bathroom and once I figured out where she was bleeding, I wrapped her cuts (which were on both of her feet) with towels.  I knew she needed stitches, but I didn't think an ambulance was necessary, so after contemplating how the heck I was going to get her to the car, after calling every man I knew who may be in the area and got no answer, I just picked her up and carried her myself. She is taller than me and weighs almost the same, so thank God for adrenaline. She was saying "I'm sorry, mommy, I'm sorry" as I carried her. She hasn't called me mommy in forever. Poor Lulu. 

(Side note: I got her to the car and didn't remember to wear socks and shoes myself. I was a HOT MESS. I didn't even throw flip-flops on....because I didn't even notice my own feet. Haha) 

She got 19 stitches on her left foot and the rest of the cuts were able to be bandaged and Steri-stripped.  Her tendons were luckily not cut, and as all of you probably know, Lindsey's entire life is dance, so again, thank God it wasn't worse. When I saw that her heel was cut, I won't lie, I was panicked. 

She's in pain, but she's ok. She won't be able to walk for 2 weeks and she will have to ease back into dance when she goes. I'm picking up her crutches today so she won't feel so stuck. 









No comments:

Post a Comment