Thursday, March 28, 2013

What's My Age Again?

Dylan has woken up every day this week and said "Am I still 4, Mama?"  It cracks me up.  He's so adorable; I could squish him and chew on him.

Speaking of age, I feel like I am 92 years old today.  I have been so busy today on top of exhausted.  I am not sleeping (it's even worse than usual) and it's hitting me hard.  I sit at red lights and think about taking a nap; then I remember that this would be a very bad idea.  I have been cranking the air because I am afraid to get warm and comfy in the car.  We were going to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese on Monday night to celebrate their birthday, but I was about to fall asleep at traffic lights, so we postponed it until last night.  I was again, exhausted.  I thought about how nice it would be to curl up into a ball in one of the booths and go to sleep, but I walked around and played games instead.  Carson found a ride that had an inclined seat; I was all about that one.  I was like "Carson!  Let's do that one again!  That was fun!"  Ha ha.

The strange thing is that even when I can sleep, I don't.  I was at my friend's house in Florida this past weekend and there were no interruptions and still woke up early and got about 5 hours of sleep.  This seems to be the cap.  I have tried drinking wine this week, but that hasn't worked.  I tried Melatonin a while back and it stopped working after a few days.  I don't know.  I don't get it.  I have still continued to go to the gym every day, which you would think would wear me out....nope.  That's been the only time that I am NOT tired this week.

I am so thankful that I am usually able to function and move all day without a lot of sleep, but that's not how it's been this week.  I feel tired. 

I won't consider Ambien because I don't want to be one of those people who eats donuts and has sex without recollection. If I am going to eat a donut, I want to remember it.  I never eat donuts! My friend's husband likes to take Ambien and throw clean laundry all over the floor and send people emails from her Outlook and then delete the evidence.  I prefer not to rob any banks or text people bizarre things. 

Well for those of you who actually sleep, sweet dreams.  I'll be watching the ceiling fan, most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment