Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bucket List

I haven't been doing many things on my bucket list because I am distracted by important things, like, you know, getting a JOB, but I pulled it out again for some reason today.  Actually, I know why I pulled it out.  I was begging my mom to vent about a family member who sucks, but she won't let me, so I pulled up my list instead.  THANKS, MOM!!!  Ha ha.

My Bucket List has 103 things on it.  It needs to be tweaked.  Some things I had to take off because I already failed.  One was to "stay married".  I also have like 5 languages to learn and want to visit pretty much every country on Planet Earth; which is kind of setting myself up to feel like a failure when I turn 95.  Right?  I have actually accomplished some of the things and just haven't marked them off, which was nice to see.  I was looking through all of the ones I can do right now and here's what I have:

1. Learn how to play tennis-My neighbor is starting to teach me.  We tried a couple of weeks ago but we didn't end up playing because the kids were there and were running on the court. 
2. Learn how to cook Asian food-This is easy; I will buy a book.  This is one thing that Lindsey will actually eat, so I need to do this anyway.
3. Take a dance class (this is supposed to be like ballroom or salsa, with a guy)-The hardest part about this will be finding a guy who wants to go and isn't afraid of looking stupid. 
4. Spread a rumor about a celebrity and see if it comes back to me-This is mean.  I am not doing it.  It's coming off the list.  Plus, it wouldn't work and that's what's wrong with the media nowadays anyhow.  There's too much crap out there as it is.  This was more of me being curious in 1988.
5. Plant a tree in my backyard with the kids-This should be easy.
6. Dance in a fountain-I will find one.  And I will probably be drinking because it's going to be really weird.  I may even get arrested.
7. Ride in a car going over 100 MPH-Do I have any takers?  I am not going that fast.....I said I want to BE IN A CAR going that fast, not DRIVE a car going that fast.
8. Have my siblings all in the same place-This will take some planning, but if I don't ever plan it, it won't happen.  I don't even remember the last time that I was in the same room as Ashli, Tyson, Lacey and Lauren.  Maybe high school?  I don't know.  It's sad though.  My sister, Lacey, has three little kids and lives in New Orleans.  I have 4.  Ty has 2 and lives in Michigan, and Ash has 1 and lives in Wisconsin.  Lauren now lives in Alaska, so I don't know how in the world I am going to pull this off.  We'd also need a huge place to stay because we would have 10 kids, I think.  This may be less likely than learning 5 foreign languages. 
9. Go rock climbing again-I went when I was 9.  I remember them driving the stake into the ground, so it was legit.  It really was rock climbing.  I don't know if I care about climbing a real mountain anymore.  I think I would be fine with the fake walls.  I found the picture in the scrapbook my mom made me:

Third Grade

I wrote about it.  I said it was 800 feet.  I climbed the mountain, the
spine and the fallstop.  What am I even talking about?? 
I went with my friend, Sarah Rowe, and her mom, Jan.

10. Shout a profanity in a public, quiet place-I'll let you know how this one goes. 
11. Learn how to pole dance-This is not what it sounds like.  I don't want to be a stripper. I want to learn how to do the Cirque de Soleil tricks.  On a pole.
12. Hike to the top of a mountain-Ok, so I didn't say it has to be big.  Kennesaw Mountain will do just fine. 

As I cross them off, I will write about them. 

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment