Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bad Housekeeping

This is really funny and it explains the divorce bubble and why it exploded. I'm not saying that some of this article isn't nice or even acceptable, especially if you stay at home.  I am somewhat old-fashioned and like taking care of people.  I don't mind being giving and accomodating to a man, but some of it is just nauseating!  I added a few bullets of my own at the bottom. 

And did a woman write this????  Wow.  Thank you, 1980, for conceiving me.  Were children back then robots?  They acted like it was so easy to create a serene environment for the husband. 





  • Women were genies, expected to spring from bottle.  "Hello, master!  How may I be of service to you?"  Ewww.
  • Since when are men spilling the beans and bursting at the seams to tell their wives about their day?  I am guessing that men were not like girls, even in 1955.
  • "Make the evening his.  Never complain about if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you, instead try to understand...." that he has a girlfriend and likes sticking $1 bills down other girls' panties! 
  • "Don't complain if he stays out all night" because he'll get ANOTHER girlfriend on top of the one he's already sleeping with!
  • "He is the master of the house" and you live in a bottle.  You have no right to question him because you are a stupid woman.  
And last but not least, know your place?  Oh my gosh.  Oh, I would have been a drunk for sure.  FOR SURE.

1 comment: