Friday, March 22, 2013

Flashback Friday-Drop Dead Fred



Today's blog was requested by my sister, Ashli.  We loved this movie when we were kids.  It was pretty inappropriate and misleading.  It seemed like a kid's movie, but it really wasn't.  I wanted an imaginary friend after I saw this movie.  I remember trying to picture one and talking to it, but nothing ever appeared.  I was totally bummed.

If you missed out as a child, it's about a little girl who has an imaginary friend (Fred) who always gets her into trouble.  Her evil mother takes him away from her by locking him in a Jack-in-the-Box.  Years later, when the girl is grown up, she is having issues.  Her husband has left her, so Fred comes back.  She ends up dealing with her problems, which are that she lets people run all over her because she is afraid of being alone, and eventually, she lets Fred go forever.

I still crack up when he says "Be gone, eviiiiiiil one!"  And "Cobwebs."   HAHA!

http://youtu.be/mpIi34fCu1w

Oh, and while I was looking around online for a picture, I read that they are remaking it.  I don't know if it's true or not, but why do they keep doing this?  Can't they come up with new ideas?  I don't get it.  There are so many writers out there. Look at their scripts, Universal!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment