Monday, March 18, 2013

Hot Yoga & My Weekend

My very good friend, Tara, from high school is now a drama teacher in St. Petersburg.  Tara and I were in drama together (until I quit), TV, we were cheerleaders together, we were Spice Girls in the talent show (She was Baby and I was Ginger thanks to the red marker I colored my hair with).  She is part of most of my high school memories.  She messaged me on Facebook and told me that she had a very talented student that needed a place to stay in Atlanta because she had an audition for a drama program for college.  Her name is Allesondra and I can honestly say that I have never met a more mature kid.  I was so impressed with this girl.  She is poised, beautiful, ridiculously talented, funny, sweet and intelligent.  We got along instantly and the kids loved her.  We went downtown Saturday morning for the audition and came back and hung out. 

Saturday the hot yoga place downtown, Embers, had an open house and I tried it.  Ok, so I have one thing to say.....I AM ADDICTED.  I really didn't think I would like it, but I have to say that it was amazing.  It's 105 degrees.  You sweat like you wouldn't believe.  My face and hair was unacceptable, but when I left I was so relaxed, I didn't care what I looked like.  I never understood the concept of practicing yoga in what is basically a sauna, but your muscles are already warm, so it makes more sense to practice yoga in the heat rather than a room with air conditioning.  The only muscles that I ever feel are a little tight are my hamstrings, but I felt absolutely nothing in hot yoga.  I was like a rubber band.  A sweaty one.  The only thing I found difficult or annoying is that I would grab a part of my body and stretch it out and hold, but I was so slippery, I would lose my grip!  Your body is seriously like a slip 'n slide!  I'm not going to say it's easy, it is not.  You have to be very careful and listen to your body because you could easily pass out if you aren't paying attention to how you feel.  Finally, at the end, when you lay down, they place a cold rag that smells like lavender on your forehead and start cooling the room off.  It's the most wonderful feeling ever.  I left so happy and refreshed.  They have a boutique with organic drinks, yoga clothes, books.....I love it.  Did I mention that I slept all night?

Saturday night we watched "Footloose" and yesterday morning we went to church, lunch, and took the babies to the zoo.  I say babies, but they'll be 4 in a week. 

So, I got a flat tire IN THE PARKING LOT of the zoo.  Brand new tire, popped like a balloon.  I was riding around trying to find a parking place, but anyone who has been there knows that it takes 30 minutes to park at Zoo Atlanta.  I could hear my car riding on the wheel, so I finally got out and asked a guy in front of me if I could pretty please have his space and explained the situation.  I begged him, nicely.  He said "NO!  I have been waiting!  Sorry about your luck".  What an ass.  If karma exists, I will soon be running into him on the side of 75 with all 4 tires blown AND in the rain.  Jerk.  Anyway, I finally found a security guard and told him I couldn't park.  Long story short, he was sweet and allowed us to park up front, basically illegally.  Roadside assistance came, we looked at the animals while we waited, and then we left with the spare.  I took Allesondra to the airport and today I have to get a new tire. 

I have a lot to do, so I am wrapping this up.  Good weekend.  I'll bet a lot of people don't remember it.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Ha ha. 



She is Ariel in "Footloose" at school, so we thought she should
take this picture. :)
It was the sharpest curb ever.
They're in love.
Dylan was goofy in all of the other pictures, so I was happy to get this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment