Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Recap & Pictures

I had a very busy weekend with the kids.  I pretty much TOLD the kids on Friday night that we were going to enjoy the weekend.  I commanded Logan and Lindsey NOT to fight and I said that there would be consequences if they did.  I explained to them that I always want to and plan on enjoying my time with them, but it isn't fun for any of us when they ruin everything with their arguing.  It turns out that having a plan, letting them know about it, and sticking to it is crucial.  My kids like knowing what's going on.

Friday night, we went grocery shopping and stocked up on snacks and stuff.  Logan eats a lot.  We made pizza and watched a movie and got to bed pretty early.  (I didn't sleep, but I never do.)  Saturday morning I got up early, went to the gym and then we met to their Granddaddy at Cracker Barrel.  I had a hair appointment, so he took them to the movies, the Disney store to pick out a toy, and then to get ice-cream.  When I was finished, we went home and chilled for a while.  Saturday night I made spaghetti and I got the boys to bed at a normal time so I could watch "Gladiator" with Logan.  He has to do a report on the Coliseum and he wanted to watch it.  I know it's a good movie, but I can't stand watching it because it's gross and barbaric, so I fell asleep.  Sorry, Logan

The next day I woke up early and got everyone ready for church.  I can assure you that by the time that we actually made it to church, I was apologizing to God for getting frustrated....it is very difficult to get ready for church while making sure the kids are getting ready and then on top of it, they are fighting and making messes and tattling.  BUT we made it and that was what was important.  Lindsey asked to bring her friend, Tori, so we picked her up and we were STILL on time!  Imagine that!  I was so excited.

The kids LOVED this church.  The older kids begged to come back every week.  I said "What did you learn about?"  They said "Sex" and ran off.  Well, it was actually about purity and God and, well, yeah, sex.  I guess they enjoyed it. 

After church we went to Jimmy John's and then we went ice-skating from 2:00-4:00.  I was really nervous about taking 5 kids skating, especially because Carson and Dylan are only 3, but the older kids promised to help me with them.  The little twins were a little apprehensive at first, but they quickly and I mean QUICKLY became comfortable.  Dylan was skating; Carson was more so balanced and we pulled him.  I took some cute pictures.  Notice that Logan is only in a couple; this is because he hates having his picture taken.  He was the photographer. 

I hope that you had a great weekend!


It was snowing outside of Cracker Barrel, but you can't see the flakes
in the picture.  Look at the sheer joy on Dylan's face. 
I wish that ANYTHING made me look that happy.


Logan, Lindsey, Dylan and Tori
Dylan
This was RIGHT when we got on the ice

Look at Lindsey in these pictures.  Look at her posing!
The kid in the back in the grey sweatshirt was really sweet.
He skated around with Tori and Dylan.  I think he thought Tori
was cute.  They were about the same age.
Two cutie pies.  And why does my daughter look so old now?


Carson and Mama
I love this little guy.  He is so cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment