Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Top 10-Simple Words

I kind of have a theme going here this week that I figured I would stick to.  Rather than talk about my favorite rap songs or cloud type, I thought I would do something sweet.  I really hope that all of you couples are reading.  This past week, it seemed that all of the couples that I know were fighting or struggling in some way, so this one is for you guys.

By the way, these are just off the top of my head.  There is no way I can narrow down the best lyrics ever; I love too many, but these are so sweet:

1.      You're just like an angel. Your skin makes me cry. You float like a feather in a beautiful world. (Radiohead, Creep)
2.      If everything we've got is slippin' away, I meant what I said when I said to my dying day.  Holdin' on to you holding on to me.  Maybe it's all gone black but you're all I see. (Matt Kearney, All I Need)
3.      However far away, I will always love you. (The Cure, Love Song)
4.      I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart. (The Lumineers, Ho Hey)
5.      Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do. (Coldplay, Yellow)
6.      Yours is the first face that I saw, I swear I was blind before I met you. (Bright Eyes, First Day of my Life)
7.      You've been on my mind, I grow fonder every day.  Lose myself in time just thinking of your face.  God only knows why it's taken me so long to let my doubts go, you're the only one I want.  ( Adele, One and Only)
8.      But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one compares with you.  And these memories lose their meaning when I think of love as something new. Though I know I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before, I know I'll often stop and think about them, in my life I love you more. (The Beatles, In My Life)
9.      I see your blue eyes every time I close mine. You make it hard to see where I belong to when I'm not around you. It's like I'm not with me. (Colbie Caillat, Never Told You)
10. I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart, but you came around and you knocked my off the ground from the start.  You put your arms around me and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go.  You put your arms around me and I'm home. (Christina Perry, Arms)

I wanted to add "I admire your poppin' bottles and pimpin' just as much as you admire your bartendin' and strippin, baby'" (How to Love, Lil Wayne), but I had to draw the line somewhere. 

Heeheehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment