Saturday, September 1, 2012

Try....to put it down

I slept for two hours last night....thanks go out to Insomnia again.  Insomnia is such a bitch.  I hate her more than anything right now.  I am really getting sick of not sleeping at night and I am trying everything except sleep aides and counting sheep at this point.  Oh, and the two hours that I got were in 15 or 20 minute increments, so yeah.  Awesome, huh?  I got up at 6:45 and got myself and the kids ready for Logan and Lindsey's game.  It was at 9:00, but we had to be there at 8:45.  After our team got slaughtered I left the game and rushed to Zumba, which was at 11:00.

I tried to rest a little once we got home from the gym and I took a shower.  We were all pretty exhausted, so we hung around the house a little while, which was nice.  We grabbed dinner and ate at the pool when we were feeling up to it.  I only took the big kids swimming, so I was able to read some filth without being bothered.  Of course, I am referring to the 2nd installment of "50 Shades of Grey".  I have been reading these books very slowly. Many would think that I am savoring the material, but really....no.  I'm just too busy to read lately.  Anyway, I was reading this book at the pool around a bunch of kids and parents (who know what's up), so I was finding clever ways of disguising the cover.  These books are perfect Kindle material.  These books are filthy, but try to put them down.....

There is a part in the book when Christian makes Ana a "mixed tape" on her iPad (which, of course, he purchased for her).  I have always loved one of the songs on the list and until recently, I had completely forgotten about it.  Such a good song.

The link to Try, Nelly Furtado, is below. (She is so hot, by the way.)  I posted the lyrics below.  It's a sad song, really.  Being jaded sucks because you will never be able to fully give to someone else if you are that way.

By the way, I am so tired.  If my writing sucks today, sorry.  Blame that bitch, Insomnia.

http://youtu.be/3--1Kw2UHDQ



All I know
Is everything is not as it's sold
but the more I grow the less I know
And I have lived so many lives
Though I'm not old
And the more I see, the less I grow
The fewer the seeds the more I sow

Then I see you standing there
Wanting more from me
And all I can do is try
Then I see you standing there
Wanting more from me
And all I can do is try

I wish I hadn't seen all of the realness
And all the real people are really not real at all
The more I learn, the more I learn
The more I cry, the more I cry
As I say goodbye to the way of life
I thought I had designed for me

Then I see you standing there
Wanting more from me
And all I can do is try
Then I see you standing there
I'm all I'll ever be
But all I can do is try
Try

All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last
All of the things we want each other to be
We never will be
And that's wonderful, and that's life
And that's you, baby
This is me, baby
And we are, we are, we are, we are
Free
In our love
We are free in our love



No comments:

Post a Comment