Friday, August 31, 2012

Flashback Friday-Girl Time

I've had a cold all week and instead of pushing it and making it worse, like I usually do, I rested and got over it.  I feel so much better today!  Thanks to my friend, Ali, for telling me that I am not allowed to go to the gym until tomorrow morning.  I said "Can't I just do yoga Friday morning?" She replied "NO!  Nothing until Saturday morning!"  I guess I didn't care to blog yesterday because I didn't feel well enough.

Lindsey had a friend spend the night last night.  They play together better than any combination of kids I've seen.  They danced in Lindsey's room, painted their nails, did face masks, and watched "Clueless" and "Mean Girls".  Lindsey is 11, Hanna is 12, and they both ran in my room while they were watching "Mean Girls" and said "What are rubbers?"  I said "They're nothing right now."  I sent Hanna's mom a text telling her what they had asked (she is also a friend of mine) and we laughed.  At least they don't know what they are yet!  Some kids their age are using them already, so maybe we are ahead of the game!  That's really sad....and scary. Lindsey has been talking about a little girl on her squad who "can't wait for her boyfriend to come over.  They are going to her basement to make out!"  Ummmm, she is in 6th grade.  Does this only seem young to ME????  Lindsey was laughing and said it's gross....I agreed with her.

I used to stay home on Friday nights (when it wasn't football season and I didn't have to cheer) and build tents with my little sister, Lauren.  We used to watch "Clueless" and "Dunston Checks In", among others.  "Dunston Checks In" was about a chimpanzee who checks into a hotel and steals jewels from its rich guests.  I loved hanging out with my sister.  Se was so adorable and sweet.  I was in high school, she was 8 years younger, and I am so happy that I was smart enough to spend that time with her rather than with my friends.  I saved the rest of the weekend for my friends.  Lauren hasn't ever forgotten it, and neither have I.  I knew that she would grow up one day and that it would be too late to hang out with me; I didn't think she would want to.....however, that hasn't happened yet.  She still loves to hang out with me; we are both adults now.  And we still watch "Clueless".  We just don't set up tents.





No comments:

Post a Comment