Friday, August 24, 2012

Flashback Friday-Alice in Chains, Don't Follow

I loved this song back in the day and something triggered me to Google it yesterday.  I totally forgot about it!   I love when it breaks down at the end.  It sort of reminds me of Guns N' Roses, Patience.  The lyrics are sort of Free Birdish, or even like Ozzy's, Mama, I'm Comin' Home....

http://youtu.be/eBB2OS4IoTs

So, I am either wrong, or maybe just like the last person on Earth to think about it, but "Alice in Chains"....is that Alice in Wonderland in chains?  Because Alice, being curious as she is, would certainly be a sad sight tied up in chains.  Is that what they are referring to?  Guess I will Google it.  Alice deserves to chase rabbits. Look at that face....there's a lot of innocence in curiosity.





Have a great Friday!


4 comments:

  1. This band went through several lineup changes culminating with Nick Pollock as their sole guitarist and Bacolas switching to bass before discussions arose about changing their name toAlice in Chains.[7] This was prompted by a conversation that Bacolas had with a singer from another band about backstage passes.[7] Due to concerns over the reference to female bondage, the group ultimately chose to spell it differently as Alice N' Chains to allay any parental concerns but Staley's mother Nancy McCallum has said she still was not happy with this at first.[7]

    Also from wiki:

    Alice in Chains — A parody of Alice in Wonderland, implying sadomasochism.[1]

    And my favorite from Yahoo ansewers:

    once upon a time, there was this girl named Alice
    who was forced to sit in a chair listening to the Jonas Brothers for hours! ***(they actually had to chain her to the chair for fear that she would rip her hair out you see)
    Anyways, a knight in shining armour, ( who we'll call Layne Staley just for kicks) came into the ampetheater, Um I mean the castle and realized that he had to save poor Alice from the torture she was having to endure.
    What happened next will go down in the history books! He started to sing and the chains magically fell from her bound wrists, the Jonas Brothers ran to the ramparts and jumped off and the crowd cheered 'cause they knew they were saved from further horror themselves.
    True Story! & To this day no emo or bubblegum pop is allowed in those hallowed halls and they owe it all to Layne Staley and of course to Alice.......in chains.

    If you couldn't tell, they were one of my fav bands in the 90's

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info! I was sorta on, sorta off. They didn't get the "N" passed me. In fact, I never even thought about it and I am a grammar nerd. I just thought immediately Alice "IN" chains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had another thought....it is interesting that there is innocence in curiosity, but the curious end up the least innocent of all. Don't you think, Matti T? Curiosity kills the cat....or the Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it was satisfaction that brought him back!! For me, it's more of an affliction; I can't help chasing rabbits. And let us not forget, it's man's curiosity that got us to, and roams on Mars!

    ReplyDelete