Saturday, August 11, 2012

Anything Gatsby

I have talked about The Great Gatsby many times on this blog because it is one of my favorite books and I mentioned about a year ago that they have made the movie....again.  The Leonardo Di Caprio version was originally supposed to come out in December, but they have pushed it to summer of 2013.  This sucks because I was looking forward to seeing it in just a few months.  Anyway, if you haven't read the book, please read it and see the Robert Redford movie.  It really is a great story and you will fall in love with the characters....and hate some of them.

Any time I see anything about Gatsby, I post it.  On top of which, I love Chicago and I love Lake Forest,  so I thought I would share this article about where Daisy Buchanan was from.  Fitzgerald's first love, Ginevra King, was from Lake Forest.  She inspired Fitzgerald's most famous character, Daisy.  This is a good, short read from The Paris Review....


http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2012/07/23/where-daisy-buchanan-lived/



From the new film.  


No comments:

Post a Comment