Saturday, August 18, 2012

Langhorne Slim

I love the Violent Femmes, don't you?  They were so awesome when they were together.  I have especially  always been a fan because I used to babysit Victor DeLorenzo's kids when I lived in Milwaukee.  (DeLorenzo was their drummer, in case you aren't a fan.)  There were three kids; the two adorable little girls were 6 and 8, and the boy (Mal) was 10.  I was only 12, so it's sort of funny that I used to "babysit" him. He played soccer with my brother.  They were all really cute kids and their mom was one of those cool moms that you said you wanted to be when you grew up.

Mal is all grown up and following in his dad's footsteps; he is the drummer for a band called Langhorne Slim & the Law. They're so good! I thought I would share their awesomeness.....


I have posted a bunch of You Tube links below.  All of their music is really great, but I tried to pick my favorites.  Below them are links to a few of my favorite Femmes songs.  You definitely have a nice little play list today because I kept saying "Oh, I have to use that one!  Oh!  I have to use that one!"  

Langhorne Slim:

This is a great song.  Here's a link to Worries. This may be my favorite:


Here they are performing Restless on The Late Show:


Fire:

Rebel Side of Heaven:


The Electric Love Letter:



Violent Femmes
(Seriously, I left out American Music, Add It Up...so many.  It was hard picking which ones I wanted to post!!!)

Used to be Happy:


Look Like That:


Out the Window:


And of course....Blister in the Sun:


Covering Gnarls Barkley's Crazy:


Covering Do You Really Want To Hurt Me:

http://youtu.be/WdQoIun8CBI

Gone Daddy Gone:

http://youtu.be/nptMn4YMCCM


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment