Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bo the Bear

Some of you know that Dylan has a bear.  Bo is Dylan's best friend in the world, other than Carson.  He got him for his first birthday and brings him everywhere.  Dylan rubs Bo's ear on his nose, sometimes to sleep and sometimes just because he feels like doing it.  Bo is very loved, and he is real to Dylan.  Bo goes absolutely everywhere with Dylan.  He loves him dearly.

Last night Dylan was playing with an airplane on the floor, so was Bo, when Dylan picked him up and examined his torso.  All of a sudden, Dylan started screaming bloody murder.  He was wailing "Bo has a rip!  Bo ripped, MAMAAAAA, Bo ripped!"  I have never seen Dylan so upset.  He was absolutely horrified and was crying so hysterically that he almost wasn't able to breathe.  The tear was on his neck.  I calmed him down and asked Lindsey to get my sewing kit.  She sprinted to the closet.

Dylan watched the entire time as I stitched Bo's poor neck up.  He was immediately relieved.  Now there is a tiny thread that is hanging from where I stitched him and Dylan keeps asking me to cut it.  (I haven't found my damn scissors yet.)  Dylan hates hangnails, snagged fingernails, threads coming off of socks....anything asymmetrical, Dylan seems to hate.  He is a particular child in that way.

This reminds me....Carson has a monkey, Baby Konkey.  It's goofy looking with big eyes and it is the only thing that Carson has gotten attached to.  He doesn't bring him everywhere like Dylan brings Bo, but he does invite him sometimes.  Well, I hadn't seen Baby Konkey in a while but I figured he would turn up.  I went to the gym last week, but it wasn't the gym I typically go to.  I saw Baby Konkey resting on the ledge.  I was like "Carson!  Look!!!  Look who we found!"  It was definitely Carson's because the eyes were scratched from the dryer and he had some other marks that made him identifiable.  He had definitely been there for a while, I am talking months.  Carson was excited, but see, Dylan NEVER would have left Bo even for a minute.  He would never forget Bo.  Ever.

Dylan and Bo at the zoo

Dylan, Bo, and his other bear that comes in 2nd, Bo Bo


No comments:

Post a Comment