Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Enya


Before I write about how much Enya rocks, I want to mention that it is September 11th.  Let's say a prayer today for the families who lost loved ones and take a moment to remember the innocent people who lost their lives because of those horrible, crazy bastards.  It's been 11 years and for some of us that's a long time and the wounds have healed, but some are still living without their children and parents.  That day has influenced every day they've lived and I think it's important to pray for them.

Now about Enya.....

What is it about Enya that makes me so happy?  Enya is the reason that I am sleeping lately and she is the person who knocks my kids out.  They can be squirming, talking, fighting sleep, and as soon as her voice fills the room, they are motionless and quickly pass out.

I have learned to play Enya on Pandora not only because it plays a nice mixture of music, but it also turns off automatically.  I usually wake several times throughout the night, but when I play her I seem to sleep the whole night through.

Caribbean Blue is one of my favorites because Lindsey danced to it a couple of years ago for a recital.

http://youtu.be/Y1L8uRApYeQ

Wild Child is great too.

http://youtu.be/Wkk0puI6NfA

Boadicea is so cool, but I could see it being a little creepy too.  Even P. Diddy and that other guy liked this one though.

http://youtu.be/JKQwgpaLR6o

Ok, so I had to Google "that other guy" and Mario Winans is who I was talking about.  Look at this link I found. HAHA!  Someone stuck a bag over their head with a sad face drawn on.  I love the quirkiness of others.....

I Don't Wanna Know

http://youtu.be/9g-0yGh5EYQ


Ok, so my main message of this blog today (as I happily bang away on the keyboard at 6:21 am) if you suffer from insomnia, ENYA ENYA ENYA!  Forget Ambien.  Ambien will make you do strange things like buy donuts in the middle of the night and sleep with people without recollection.  (That's the word on the street anyway.)  Play Enya on Pandora!


-Brit


No comments:

Post a Comment