Thursday, September 6, 2012

Yes, I Cook

Before I write anything, I have to say Happy Birthday to a friend.  I won't call you out, but you know who you are.  :)  Hope you have a great day!

Ok, so I actually do cook.  This is shocking to people and I don't know why.  I guess because I didn't touch raw meat until I was like 20 years old.  When I say that I can cook, I mean that I can follow a recipe.  Sometimes I have ADD and make silly mistakes and end up botching dinner, but for the most part, my food is good because I follow someone else's palate.  I also have a really cute apron (present from Katie), which I wear with heels because it looks cuter.  Seriously.  It feels weird wearing it with no shoes or flats, so I will actually dress my apron up.  (Psycho)  I made soup the other night and it was delicious.  It was the first thing that I have ever made without a recipe.  I found myself throwing all kinds of stuff into the pot without fear, and it actually ended up being really good.  The kids loved it AND it had vegetables in it.

I have always been interested in Asian cooking because I love fish.  They were really healthy people until Western civilization so rudely brought them McDonald's.  This website looks good and I thought I would share the link.

http://steamykitchen.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment