Monday, September 17, 2012

Mama's Working

So, I haven't written about this yet because it all happened so quickly, but I started a new job today.  I love it!  The first day of juggling the kids, my job, the gym, cooking dinner, and bedtime, went very well. It is 9:15 and the boys are out cold.  This never happens.  With that said, I really don't want to write right now.  Haha.  I am getting used to everything and really want to read a book and go to sleep.  I will, however, keep this blog up....somehow.

If you are interested in what I am doing, I am a personal assistant to Chef Henry at Henry's Louisiana Grill in Acworth.  I will keep him organized, make the office more cohesive, get to work with the marketing firm and even write a bit.  I LOVE organizing, so there's something relaxing about this position to me.  Organizing makes the world prettier and happier and it brings me a calm feeling.  Last week I organized my closet for fun.  No, seriously.  Anyway, this is a new position because they have combined three old positions into one, basically.  I am excited about the marketing aspect, and helping come up with ways to expand.  It went smoothly today and I really like everyone and felt very comfortable.  I have a nice office, and ummmm, we have AWESOME lunches.  I had the best salmon salad ever today.  It's pretty much going to be an awesome job and I feel like I am going to love it.

Hours are 9-5, Monday through Friday.  Occasionally there will be an event that I will need to be present for with Henry, but I will know in advance since I will be handling the schedule.  Anyone who knows me knows that I will be down with this....anything extra and fun.  I'll love it.

The kids were fine without me and if I weren't ready to work, I am sure that this would make me sad.  It doesn't make me sad though because I know that they love their mama so much.  I think that they will probably enjoy the time away from me a bit and it doesn't mean that they don't adore me, as I adore them.  I do.  I adore those boys.  I will say that I am relieved and even thankful in a way that they were so difficult this past week.  (OMG, they were nuts.)  I felt like pulling my hair out all week because they were being absolutely crazy....this led to a tear-free morning when I dropped them off today.  I have not worked since they were born and it's clear that I waited until we could all three handle it.

Ok, I am going to crash.  Have a great night!

If you have a second to check out who I am working for, watch this.  He's a cool dude.  Henry won the People's Platelist Award on ABC News.  Did I mention that the food is freaking awesome?


http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/peoples-platelist-winner-11781768

No comments:

Post a Comment