Thursday, September 13, 2012

Style Icons

I finally finished reading September's Vanity Fair, the 7th Annual Style Edition.  There was an article that named the 25 Most Fashionable Films, which I loved.  It turns out that there are some movies that I haven't seen. You can trust that I will get on that.  But I really enjoyed this issue because of all of the old Hollywood pictures.  Women were so feminine back then....I know, I talk about this a lot.  Remember a while back I talked about the "death of pretty"?   Everyone is out to be hot, when I think that pretty and feminine is so much better.  You don't have to let all of your body parts fall out to be attractive, but then again, maybe some people do?  I just don't get it.  Pull your pants up ladies, your whale tail is not pretty.  None of the ladies below would ever think about letting that happen.

I have made a list of my favorite 5 ladies below.   I don't like anyone that you haven't heard of, and they are pretty much who everyone else likes.  Sorry to disappoint you.  However, you will notice that Marilyn Monroe is not on my list.  That is because I don't like her.  I don't really get what all the fuss was.  I actually prefer Grace Kelly's look to Marilyn Monroe's.  Anyway, here is my list:

Grace Kelly
This is so pretty.  
I would wear this.  She looks so cute.


Vivien Leigh


Talk about being typecast.....this is Scarlett forever.  
Audrey Hepburn



Brigitte Bardot-she's the most sex-kittenish, but I love her.  I think she's so cute.  Should we just call her Claudia Schiffer?  MY GOSH, they look alike.  




Elizabeth Taylor-Anyone with purple eyes has to make the list.  She might have been bat s*** crazy, but man, she was beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment