Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Antique Store Prune

I still can't talk about the whole weekend.....like NO time! 

Well, it was like 45 degrees and I was cold, which made me sleepy.  We ran errands and my sister looked for some furniture.  We were at an antique shop and I was watching my niece, Amelie.  She was such a good girl.  She never touched anything or acted obnoxious.  As it got closer to lunch time, we were walking around and I was showing her things and trying to keep busy.  We saw some antique dolls and I told her that I would buy one.  She picked one and I put it on the counter to pay for it.  I walked a few feet in the other direction because I had remembered seeing some more dolls somewhere else.  That's when I heard it....Amelie is the most talkative, friendly little girl, and she very innocently said to the lady behind the counter "I am very hungry!"  She wasn't asking for anything, she was just making conversation.  The lady snapped at her and said "We aren't McDonald's! We don't have any food!"  Amelie said "Well, you have candy in that candy bowl," still, Amelie is saying it sweetly.  She was making conversation. The lady yelled at her and said "That's for the adults!"

I walked over and grabbed the doll and put it back.  I said "There is no reason for you to talk to her that way.  She was being friendly, and she is four years old!  I was buying this doll, but I won't participate in growing your business because you are so rude!  She has been an angel and you are being mean to her!"  I said "Come on, Amie," and we went outside because I was so angry.  A lady came outside and gave Amelie a pack of crackers and told me that no one liked how she talked to her.  I thanked her, so did Amelie.

I went back inside and in front of the lady, told my sister that she shouldn't spend $600 at a place where such a bitch would work.  The lady said "I understand that you aren't happy right now, but I was trying to help her mother."  I said "By being rude to her kid?  Whatever.  You're rude."  I started breathing deeply and holding it in.  Ash did complete the transaction, but she grabbed a gigantic handful of candy on the way out and said "Since it's for the adults!"  I did the same, and looked at the lady.  I said "I'll never come back here, ever again!"

And I won't, because I live in Georgia.  But she doesn't need to know that!

Tomorrow I'll write about the rest of my trip, and then I have to get BACK on an airplane.  Going to Tampa to see Brea, Kellie and Michelle.  What what???  WOOOHOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment