Friday, September 28, 2012

Seriously, I Just Came to Dance

Ok, so I left off on Saturday and that leads me right into Saturday night.

I took Ash out to dinner Saturday night, a place called Tess.  It was delicious!  We then decided to head to a bar that we used to go to, it used to be called Mantra and now it's The Library.  We used to go there to dance when we were like 21, 22-ish.  Now the place looks like a library, with a bar, and paintings of Will Ferrell, Steve Urkel,  Burt Reynolds, and Magnum PI.  As soon as we walked up to the door, a guy was hitting on me and his friend apologized for his doucheyness.  The guy said "Here's what we're gonna do.  We're gonna go in, have some shots, and have some fun.  How much have you had to drink tonight?"  I said "nothing" and he said "Ok, so we're starting from scratch.  Ok."  I was like "Um, how about you let me get through the door first!" As soon as we walked through the door, Ash and I darted off and left him on the other side of the building.  I mean, REALLY???  NO shame.  He was basically wondering how much he had to spend to get me wasted to the point that he could...I am done talking about it now.

We left because that place sucked big time.  Every time we've gone, I have wondered if it was Band Camp Night and we just missed the memo.  Anyway, we went to Suite downtown.  This was a pretty cool bar, but it was so packed, you couldn't even move.  It was like a mosh pit!  Ash and I were dancing, but barely, because it was so packed.  All of a sudden, we started getting squashed by a circle of scary guys!  Do you remember that SNL skit, the "What is Love" guys?  OMG! 

Watch this, so you'll get the idea if you don't know what I am talking about.  Poor Molly Shannon. 

http://vimeo.com/11703016

It was like that, except there were like 8 of them and they were all laughing!  The more I reacted, the more they did!  It was so bizarre!  Ash escaped from the circle and was pulling my arm, but I couldn't get out!  It was like a dancefloor gangbang!  I was freaking out, it was so bizarre.  Did I say that it was bizarre?

All of a sudden, this person taps me and says "I'm sober.  Come with me!"  I figure it's better than what's happening, so he pulls Ash behind him and pushes me through the pit of perverts.  He has my hand in the air and is telling me to push everyone out of the way.  We finally got somewhere safe by the bar and we thanked him.  He said "I don't drink, I am a professional dancer, and I hate when I see that.  It happens all the time."  We told him that we weren't drinking either, we just like to dance.  He was very nice and we were thankful. 

So basically, things seem to have gotten out of hand at dance clubs, so I think I'll stick to Zumba where I can dance and not be harassed.  I'm too old for that crap.

Flying to Tampa tonight for a girls weekend with Kellie, Michelle and Brea.  WOOHOOO!  I'll post about the rest of my trip tomorrow.  STILL not finished!  HAHA

Here are some pictures:


Me and my baby doll
At Tess
I think this was at Suite
You're my BOY, BLUE!


No comments:

Post a Comment