Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nature Trail

The kids were out of school yesterday, so I took them to a nature center with trails and stuff so we wouldn't be stuck in the house.  We drove around looking for one particular spot on the Chattahoochee river; I found it when I was at Georgia State.  I once had to go out to the woods for a science class and take pictures.  I remember Don telling me that I shouldn't be going out to the woods alone and I blew him off, but now I realize that it was a pretty stupid thing to do.....so were the classes I scheduled at night.  I look back and shudder when I think about how far I walked to my car in Atlanta in the dark, then through parking lots.  Geez.  What a dummy. 

Anyway, back to my story......I looked for this one spot in particular because I knew that the kids would enjoy it, but we ended up finding a playground next to the river with picnic tables.  Then we got back in the car and looked again.  I never found it, but I stumbled upon a nature center for kids.  It had trails, a playhouse, playgrounds in the woods......it was so much better than what I had been looking for originally.  They had so much fun!

My three to the left, I babysit the kids on the right.  Logan stayed home with Don.  Don worked from home.
Lindsey and Hanna
Look at Lindsey?  She is always posing!!!  She cracks me up! 
Gettin' all of that energy out!
Grant, Finley, Lindsey, Carson, Hanna, and Dylan
Grant, Lindsey, and Hanna.  Look at Lindsey's leg.  See?  Always posing!
Carson and Dylan.  By the way, Dylan HAD to wear the monster hoodie.
Bottlecaps shaped like animals
The playhouse
Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey......

I hope that you enjoyed the pictures! 

I am really tired this morning because a friend called me around 1:00 and I couldn't go back to sleep.  I am going to the gym tonight because I am too exhausted today.  I am cooking and cleaning while I am home today.  Have a good one!

I guess I deleted the Word of the Day because it isn't in my inbox.  Ah well, too tired to look for another!  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment