Sunday, November 6, 2011

Best Movie and Worst Chicken Pot Pie

I watched “Swingers” again on Friday.  I started watching it while the boys were napping and then Logan walked in; he had just gotten off the bus.  I didn’t think that it was appropriate for him, so I turned it off.  I went to Birmingham shortly after Logan and Lindsey came home from school to pick Peyton up for the weekend.  I was tired when I got home, but I couldn’t sleep, so I turned it back on and finished watching it where I left off (like it was even necessary-I have seen it a million times).  It never gets old; it’s almost deranged how many times I can watch it.   Where are all of the good movies these days?  The writing in “Swingers” is, as Vince Vaughn always says, phenomenal.   I'm bored.  I want a good movie.  Where are they?
Super Fan #99
" You nasty little cute little BABY!" 


Ahhhhhh, good movie.  I live for good writing.  I love it.  This is random, but it popped in my head.  You know what one of my favorite things about Christmas is?  I get to answer the phone and say "Buddy the elf!  What's your favorite color?"  I am a five-year-old.  I love great lines. 

I was so angry last night.  I made Paula Deen's stupid Chicken Pot Pie.  First of all, it was called "Chicken Pot Pie in a Hurry" and it took forever to make.  The only way that you can make it in a hurry is if you are Paula Deen.  Not only did it take forever, but it didn't cook.  I checked the instructions three times and I know that I didn't make a mistake.  15 minutes AFTER the dumb thing was supposed to be ready and golden-brown, the chicken was still raw and it was white and doughy.  To top it off, she called for a whole stick of butter.  Well, the gluttonous and absurd amount of butter caused an overflow and the stuff began burning at the bottom of my oven.  Smoke was filling the kitchen and I was getting really angry.  I took the disastrous mess of crap out of the oven and microwaved it out of desperation.  When I opened the microwave the chicken squealed and popped and the juices landed on my hand and burned my thumb.  I have a blister.  I had to order pizza.  I ordered online and I was banging and typing so hard and fast that Don said “Do you want me to order it?”  I guess it was obvious that I was irritated.  What a waste of time and ingredients!  It's the first time that I have been disappointed with Paula Deen.  I don’t understand what happened!  We didn’t eat until like 10:00!  And now I have to clean my stinking oven!  RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Here's the Word of the Day:



quean \kween\, noun:

1. An overly forward, impudent woman; shrew; hussy.
2. A prostitute.
3. British Dialect. A girl or young woman, especially a robust one.

No comments:

Post a Comment